Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-30-2004, 01:15 PM   #1
Michael Bravo
Dojo: Sutemi
Some exam/grading photos

I'm not exactly sure if it's of any interest to the general crowd, but if it is, you can check out some photos from a grading session held on May 20th in our dojo at my gallery

I didn't manage to add captions to every photo yet, but in general the pictures are in chronological order, that is, from lesser kyus up, the last guy with the jo taking 1st kyu grading.

I hope this would be interesting at least for some people.

/\/\ike
Old 05-30-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
grasshopper73
Re: Some exam/grading photos

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed looking at them.

Russ
Old 05-30-2004, 03:44 PM   #3
Lan Powers
Dojo: Aikido of Midland, Midland TX

Thanks Michael.... they are cool. You guys have a nice,big, group. You training in Yoshinkan?
Lan

Play nice, practice hard, but remember, this is a MARTIAL art!
Old 05-31-2004, 06:18 AM   #4
Michael Bravo
Dojo: Sutemi

Quote:
Lan Powers wrote:
Thanks Michael.... they are cool. You guys have a nice,big, group. You training in Yoshinkan?
Lan
Yes, we are a Yoshinkan dojo (club, as they call it here). I'm into my 4th year of training if you count from the start, but I had a break of 1.5 years; so my 7th kyu grade I received about 2 years ago has kind of faded into background and I opted for a re-grading this time, to be sure I am starting to get into good form again.

We have a big seminar with Ando Tsuneo Shihan (7 dan Yoshinkan) coming up, starts June 3rd, looks like we will have lots to absorb. There will be 11 training sessions during three and a half days. What I love about Yoshinkan (well, one of the points ) is it's teaching methodology. Ando Sensei has even kindly sent us a detailed technical program outlining classes of techniques to be practised at each of the sessions.

I hope to be able to post pictures from the seminar, too (it would be tough since I will have to train AND take photos somehow ).

/\/\ike
Old 05-31-2004, 09:28 AM   #5
Steven

Dojo: Aikido Yoshinkan Sacramento - Seikeikan Dojo
United_States

For those who are not familiar with Ando Shihan, here is a bit of information on him.
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~yoshinryu/eng-ryu.html

The website is out of date. He is 7th dan as Michael mentions above. This should be a great workshop.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:47 AM   #6
akiy

Hi Michael,

Very nice pictures! Please let us know how the seminat with Ando sensei turns out for you.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!

Please visit our sponsor:

Aikido DVDs and Video Downloads - by George Ledyard Sensei & other great teachers from AikidoDVDS.Com