Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-26-2003, 10:07 AM   #1
Alphete

Dojo: Shuren Dojo
Argentina
Ai symbol O'Sensei Commemoration

Hello All!

Today, April 26th it's a new date in wich we commemorate the passing away of O'Sensei.

In the Head Dojo of our national organization we're gathering today to perform a small reunion because of this, and to share a moment between friends in peace.

I just wanted to know if somewhere else this kind of events are taking place today or not.

Thought it'd be some allusive information on the web page, or even previous announcements of such reunions but I didn't see any. So I was just curious if this was a common activity.

Safe Training
Old 04-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #2
mj
Not that I have heard of in my limited western experience, Pablo.

However it is nice to see that kind of thing happen, I would love to participate if it was available here.

Old 04-26-2003, 02:43 PM   #3
Eric Garcia
Dojo: Texas Tech Aikido Club, Aikido of Midland
United_States
In Austin Texas today there is an O Sensei Memorial Seminar, with Kanai Sensei 8th Dan. I wish I could have gone.

-Eric Garcia
Old 04-26-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
akiy

We're holding our annual Spring Seminar this weekend which always falls on the weekend closes to the founder's passing.

My teacher once mentioned that although many dojo do have wonderful commemoration ceremonies and such for the founder's passing, his thought is that he would want us to train. So, we invite a guest instructor for our Spring Seminar and have a great four days of training.

One more day to go...

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:30 PM   #5
Qatana

Dojo: Aikido of Petaluma, Petaluma,CA
I'm observing a seminar with John Stevens Sensei this weekend so i asked him. At the morning session which i missed he did a memorial ceremony with chanting, but there is not really any formal observance. I believe he said there is a gathering at Iwama but i was getting sleepy by then so I'm not sure where the conversation went from there.

Q
http://www.aikidopetaluma.com/
www.knot-working.com

"It is not wise to be incautious when confronting a little smiling bald man"'- Rule #1
Old 04-28-2003, 10:20 AM   #6
twilliams423
Dojo: Hacienda LaPuente Aikikai
At the Aikido Center of LA, we had a special 3-hour training intensive followed by a ceremony conducted by one of the zen priests from our local temple. He recited the paramita sutra and we all offered incense to O'Sensei. Afterwards, a group of students and Sensei went out to lunch together. This is an annual ritual in our dojo that has been going on since it's inception. The entire Aiki community is invited.

Please visit our sponsor:

Handmade Aikido Gifts - Handmade functional ceramic art with aikido themes