Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-19-2002, 10:04 PM   #76
kany
Dojo: Renbukan

I like this website because I love aikido. And this site provide me a lot and useful information about aikido, also a lot of archives, not so much marketing thing.

Further more, a weekly vote and doga hint me to think deeply about aikido every week.

I like it
Old 09-19-2002, 10:07 PM   #77
Gregory King
Dojo: Fuji Ryu Police Citizens Club
Talking t shirt give away

Hi Aikiweb,

Aikiweb web rocks for a number of reasons, the first being that it is a great way to augment my training on the mat when I cannot actually be on the mat and avails me of the knowledge and experience from the diverse and more experienced aikidoka who regularly contribute to the site.

Secondly as I was the victim of an unfortunate assault and robbery during which my leg was badly broken I have been able to ease some of the frustration of not being able to train by regularly visiting the site, listening to and learning about the many aspects of Aikido which are not always discussed during training in our dojo, I have found that my Aikido experience is the richer for this site so thank you, thank you very much.

Peace

Kingy

Greg
Old 09-19-2002, 11:28 PM   #78
Thiago Campos
It's cute, it's useful and it's funny! It's aikiweb... log on!

Well... a good motto to explain my feelings
Old 09-20-2002, 12:27 AM   #79
MJO

Dojo: AiBUKAN Dojo, USA
Giveaway

It's the best...

XL, please
Old 09-20-2002, 07:40 AM   #80
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
We come to the Aikiweb in search of knowledge.

We find comfort, we find friends, we find teachers, and we find comedians, but we always come away with more then we have brought.

It is a place of connection, of change, of history, of diversity. We can talk within the Aikido community, and sometimes beyond, changing the face of Aikido's present boundarys, affecting its growth in the future.

In short: The Aikiweb is a place to grow, to learn, to share in a global forum.

Thanks Jun for having the courage to put up with us, and give us an Aikiweb.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:58 AM   #81
Paula Lydon
Dojo: Aikido Shugenkai
Hi Jun,

Ramdom, huh? I can't suck up because I know you ? I love having found Aikiweb because isn't Aiki all about connecting and harmoneous blending (even those bits where we all argue are blending because we're opening to each other).

And you wouldn't have to pay any postage! Medium, please...See you on the mat

~~Paula~~
Old 09-20-2002, 09:25 AM   #82
Richard Jackson
Dojo: Two Rivers York
Smile

I like this site because the 'Doka of the Day' gives me something to think about and try to decipher when doing my tedious day job.

Keep up the good work.

RtJ
Old 09-20-2002, 09:27 AM   #83
MrGreen
Dojo: Nisshin-Kan
I like this site because it is very helpful in finding any aikido realted information
Old 09-20-2002, 10:32 AM   #84
SeiserL

Dojo: Roswell Budokan, Kyushinkan Dojo, Aikido World Alliance
United_States
IMHO, AikiWeb is a international Dojo to practice intellectual and verbal waza. Enter and blending off the mats, with our minds and our voices. Deepest compliments and appreciation.

Until again,

Lynn

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 09-20-2002, 10:46 AM   #85
Ted Powers
Dojo: Aiki O'Kami Society / Daytona Beach, FL
Comprehensive site! Lots of good information. Interesting.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #86
David L. Porter
Cool Re: AikiWeb T-shirt Giveaway!

I am somewhat new to Aikido and this is by far the best site for beginers. Especially for providing information on techniques and language. The site provides an unlimited amount of information on Aikido.

To celebrate AikiWeb's recent Fifth Anniversary, I've decided to hold a Free T-shirt Giveaway! Heck, I'll even give away two T-shirts!

In order to enter into this ever so exciting contest, all you need to do is post a reply to this thread with a reason (any reason would do!) why you like this website -- that's it! Only one reply per person will be counted of course; multiple replies will only count as one entry.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the T-shirt. Sizes range from S to XXL.

This thread will remain open until 12pm (US Mountain time) on Friday, 27. September, 2002. I'll randomly draw two (different) names from those people who reply to this thread (with a reason why you like this site as stated above).

Just a way to say "Thanks!" to everyone here!

Good luck!

-- Jun[/quote]
Quote:
Hello Everyone

Last edited by David L. Porter : 09-20-2002 at 08:42 PM.

D.L. Porter
Old 09-22-2002, 05:50 AM   #87
colin slider
Dojo: Aikido Shinjukai, Singapore
i need a new shirt too, size XXL - and it would promote the site overseas (i'm in singapore)

colin
Old 09-22-2002, 07:34 AM   #88
Jeanine Perron
Since I found this site, I log on every day to learn something new. I am from a school that is very limited to students. I like to read other opinions and ideas. I am an assistant to an instructor in a college that teaches Aikido. I send the students to this site. Thank you for putting the time into this website.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:36 AM   #89
Drewpal
Dojo: Pilipinas Aikido Propagation Association
Philippines
This has been the best aikido website. I LIKE TO HAVE THE FREE SHIRT!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 06:10 PM   #90
Shoshinsha

Dojo: Yushinkan dojo (Toyoda center)
Most of my reasons have already been mentioned, so I guess I'll just say that this site has been around for the same amount of time as I've been practicing Aikido, and it's come a lot farther than I have in that time.

Without Aiki web, I'd have had a lot more trouble finding dojos, as I moved from Ann Arbor, MI to Aix-en-Provence, France and back, and then to Maibara, Japan and back, and now to Grand Rapids, racking up a formidable list of dojos I've trained at over my short tenure. Probably why I'll be testing for only 7th kyu in a few months (according to AAA standards)...and why I'll forever be a mere shoshinsha.

Keep up the great work Sensei!
Old 09-22-2002, 08:18 PM   #91
Suru
United_States
t-shirt contest

Aikiweb waza

Communication foremost

We speak with softness

Drew
Old 09-23-2002, 07:00 AM   #92
Jat2
why I like Aikiweb? They probably said all the reasons but one thing is for sure. A lot of us like Aikiweb because we like aikido regardless if we are studying it or not. We love the principles that created it, the reason why it existed. Aikiweb showed to us more of this principles. it is by creating a site where both sensei and student can interact, even if they are from different locations in the world, therefore giving insights of different cultures and different dicoveries relative to the art. Aikido is a great Martial art and this mkes aikiweb a great site. Thank you Aikiweb ,Thanks Jun for all this.

Cool shirt! I don't think i'll win because I live too far(?) Anyway I like sharing my opinion.

live
Old 09-23-2002, 07:59 AM   #93
James Trueman
Dojo: Kioido Aikido / Aikijutsu Kai
where else can we get together like this?
Old 09-23-2002, 08:57 AM   #94
tonulukk
I find this site a useful source of Aikido information, all nicely compiled into one place. Particularly useful for the beginners. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:02 AM   #95
pcallen

Ai symbol

As a beginner (5 mos.), I find Aikiweb to be a great source of information and links. Thanks and keep up the great work!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:39 AM   #96
F. Schermbeck
Dojo: Shinsuikan Dojo
Free t-shirt

Aikiweb,

I am glad to see such a website thrive on the web. I feel this type of communication between all Aikidoka is important to keep politics out of Aikido. Information and communcation is needed, and welcomed by all.

Thank you for maintaining this line of open line of communication to all the Aikido community,

Thank you,

Sensei F.Schermbeck

P.S. Cool idea for the t-shirt hope to get one
Old 09-23-2002, 11:21 AM   #97
Paul Melsness
Dojo: Ottawa Aikikai
Canada
Thumbs down

Aikiweb,

I'm new to aikido (joined the Ottawa Aikikai in June) and was referred to this site from our web page:

http://www.ncf.ca/ottawa_aikikai/

Whenever I have a question about aikido, I always check out this site first - I've rarely had to look elsewhere for answers.

Keep up the good work and Happy 5th Anniversary!!

Paul
Old 09-23-2002, 01:20 PM   #98
Conrad
Dojo: Ronin Bushido/ Lexington, KY
I like this site because it gives me a chance to ask questions and read about the many different styles of aikido. Its also a great source of info for upcoming events and book releases. I keep AikiWeb as my home page

Thanks

Jason
Old 09-23-2002, 04:54 PM   #99
Jermaine Alley
Dojo: Aikido Of Richmond
Hey,

I am a very recent fan of aikiweb. It is kind of reassuring to find such a wealth of knowledge and experience out here. From lower kyu's to high ranking Yudansha, we have them all on this system.

You really can accomplish a lot on a forum such as thisone.

Thanks a lot for starting it..

jermaine
Old 09-23-2002, 05:38 PM   #100
Clay Stemple
Dojo: Neko no Dojo
AikiWeb is a veritable fount of information and has no pesky popups or banner ads. It's the only Aikido site that I visit regularly.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!