Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-17-2002, 06:00 PM   #26
jeda
I just like the knowledge that there are other aiki-dorks like me
Old 09-17-2002, 07:02 PM   #27
Chocolateuke
Dojo: Muhu Dojo
Location: Middle of nowhere in California 14 miles from Buellton
I love Aikiweb because...

My mind can wander and still be at one point. I can dissuce stuff with the people who really have stuff to say, People respect, love, and care for each other. I love Aikiweb because Light grows here, deamons are vanqueshed, and Aiki feelings flourish through the heated debates and hate love conqures all. I love Aikiweb because I can participate in a conversation without having to read lips, or say what ever 5 seconds.

Aikiweb isn't a websit but a community of people of all race, gender, and belifs, where the world ( at least a part of it.) can come to one point of understanding. Aikiweb to me isnt just words, or thought, but a living breathing city.

This website has been very helful to my spirtiual and Aikido growth I have learned things from people 3 generations older than me as well as from people just coming into the art.

All who participates in Aikido I salute!

Dallas Adolphsen
Old 09-17-2002, 07:49 PM   #28
smellott
I like this website because it gives away free t-shirts! And because Jun runs it and Jun is a really cool guy

There is alot more on this website than I have really had time to look at but whenever I do, I find something useful and worthwhile. Dojo search is my very favorite and I use it whenever we go places or I'm just looking for who has what, where. I like the books, videos and supplies lists also.

Did I mention the free t-shirt giveaway? How cool is that!

Susan Mellott
Old 09-17-2002, 08:28 PM   #29
Kat.C
I like aikiweb because it is a great place communicate with other aikido practitioners; to ask questions, discuss things you might not want to in the dojo, and learn form people with alot more experience,or just chat, it is also a very well run site. Thanks Jun.

Kat

I find the aquisition of knowledge to be relatively easy, it is the application that is so difficult.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:50 PM   #30
Mel Barker
Dojo: University of Louisville Aikido Club
United_States
Hi Jun, Thanks for a great website. I like being able to get feedback from others on Aiki related questions. Keep up the good work.

Mel
Old 09-17-2002, 09:13 PM   #31
Aiki_Uke
Dojo: Aikido of Park Slope
Re: AikiWeb T-shirt Giveaway!

I just loves this website. It's a font of reference information.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:03 PM   #32
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia
There are plenty of other aikido websites out there. I've been to most of them, but I've always come back here.

Coming back from UK, I really didn't expect to continue training in aikido. But my interest came back after surfing the net and stumbling into websites... such as this. And lo behold, I found my dojo through aikiweb's dojo search.

So all in all I guess, I like aikiweb because it became an integral part of my aikido life. Its user friendly, the html link is easy to type and its interface is very congenial.

Not to mention, its a great place to see the other side of things. Of which there are many with aikiweb being visited by such a diverse bunch of people.

Lastly, I thought that the interface was all right ages ago, but somehow Jun manages to improve it from time to time. I guess that's the difference I want to have in me. But I wouldn't have known that if I didn't come here.

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:43 PM   #33
memyselfandi
It has helped introduce me, albeit not physically (though I'm hoping that will change), to the world of Aikido
Old 09-17-2002, 11:52 PM   #34
Tadhg Bird

Dojo: New School Aikido, Stockton, CA
United_States
Ai symbol FREE SHIRT FREE SHIRT FREE SHIRT

AikiWeb is a great site with everything and anything an Aikidoka would want! So, it took a bribe of a (possible) t-shirt to get me to register for the forums, but I have used the other parts of this site often.

-- Tadhg ^^

"Words and letters can never adequately describe Aikido -- its meaning is revealed only to those who are enlightened through hard training." -- Ueshiba Morihei O Sensei
--

http://www.AikidoStuff.com
Old 09-18-2002, 01:18 AM   #35
eva
Hi!

How could I not like AikiWeb?

The forums are the first thing to check in the morning and the last thing to ckeck in the evening.

Great source of information...

Eva
Old 09-18-2002, 01:19 AM   #36
peteswann
Dojo: Shinwakai UK
I like this site because Jun said he would Nikkyo me if I didn't!!

Pete
Old 09-18-2002, 02:31 AM   #37
Creature_of_the_id

Dojo: Alnwick aikido club (UKAU)
England
I love aikiweb because it shows just how diverse aikido can be. For years now people have been comming here and discussing on the forums. The discussions are endless. Even among the 'oldies' who have been doing the art for years, there can be huge differences in view points from one aspect of aikido to the next.

And because aikiweb is huge someone can come here before they start aikido and get info and advice from a number of sources and stay with it all the way through their aikido practice, there is info here for every level/grade, age, sex, view point.

It is simply THE 'one stop shop' for all aikidoka.

Cheers Jun

Old 09-18-2002, 03:10 AM   #38
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Why? The people. Some I agree with, some I don't but they all give me things to think about.

Bronson

p.s. the video clips are pretty spiffy too

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."
Old 09-18-2002, 03:19 AM   #39
Genex

Dojo: Warrington Seishin Kai
Smile

For aikido resources the first place i'd send Anybody is to aikiweb, not only for its excellent advice and articles, but also for its forums which allow interactive questions about aikido and the way its practiced. aikiweb shows the true meaning of by bringing ppl from all around the world closer together in something ppl can beleive in.

thats just what i think of aikiweb never mind the flipping T-shirt

pete

like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick. - The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy on the Pan-galactic Gargleblaster!
Old 09-18-2002, 03:34 AM   #40
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
I like this website because it is a wonderful example of how fluctuating and ever changing the world is. This should be an inspiration for our aikido.

I also like it, because it obviously serves a much needed desire among new and potential aikido students to learn more about aikido before they get there feets wet.

Finally I like it because it has opened my eyes to the diversity within the world of aikido.

Lots of luck and best wishes for the next five years. I'll at least be sure to drop in now and then.

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration
Old 09-18-2002, 03:47 AM   #41
Koen Heringa
Dojo: Aikidocentrum Utrecht (Aikikai)
Because it was my portal to Aikido-L. Because any information I need I will find here. Because I read things here which changed my life forever. And all before I even started doing Aikido!:-)

Now that I finally am taking classes, AikiWeb has become more important than ever.

I think it's so great that a person is able and willing to maintain such a high quality site for five years already! T-shirt or not, Jun rules!

Thanks

Koen Heringa
Old 09-18-2002, 04:17 AM   #42
SimonW11
Dojo: Bristol University Dojo
So many reasons.

It is always growing and well maintained.

Why it seems only yesterday the forums were started. I posted so they would have something in them. See what Jun's careful nurturing does?

apart from the forums There is of course the Dojo Search engine.as A university Dojo every year We have people asking where can I study when we move to...

And With The Dojo search I can Look damn near omniscient.

Simon

Simon
Old 09-18-2002, 06:22 AM   #43
L. Camejo

Dojo: Ontario Martial Arts
Canada
I really love Aikiweb.

Being in the Caribbean which is no where near to the main streams of Aikido activity, this website has allowed me to make contact and communicate with many great Aikidoka, whom I may never have a chance of meeting in real life.

It has become a source of sustenance for electronic and human information and ideas on Aikido in general.

Because of the somewhat informal (to me at least) format, I feel a lot more comfortable taking the time to post here than on any other website (esp. aikidojournal).

All in all, superb work Jun. You have done a great justice to Aikido and it's dissemination by managing and maintaining this site.

Domo Arigato Gozaimashita

L.C.

--Mushin Mugamae - No Mind No Posture. He who is possessed by nothing possesses everything.--
http://www.tntaikido.org
http://www.mushinkan.ca
Old 09-18-2002, 07:10 AM   #44
drDalek

I like this site because it is well designed and sometimes they give away t-shirts.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:12 AM   #45
ian

Dojo: University of Ulster, Coleriane
Aikiweb gives me international feedback from those experienced and beginning in aikido for any question I could think to ask - a resource that cannot be produced by any one individual.

Ian

---understanding aikido is understanding the training method---
Old 09-18-2002, 07:24 AM   #46
Toeknee
Dojo: Ufa-Fabrik, Berlin
Ai symbol

I like AikiWeb cuz the webmaster ain't always spammin' my ass like some guys. Yes, even aikido types!
Old 09-18-2002, 07:28 AM   #47
jimbaker
Dojo: Aikido of Norfolk/ Aikido Society of Memphis
Antarctica
Re: AikiWeb T-shirt Giveaway!

First, because this is the first place I log onto after checking my mail.

Second, because the webmaster is so "bendable".

JIM, the wolves howl "Congratulations!" from beneath my window in Norfolk
Old 09-18-2002, 08:52 AM   #48
tlurie

Dojo: Kinokawa Mt. Airy
count me in!

I like AikiWeb because it helps me keep my perspective... it is also an excellent learning tool with regard to the other branches of our art.

Thanks, Jun!

Thad
Old 09-18-2002, 09:00 AM   #49
Margo Ballou
Aikiweb is the aikido site that I use the most, because of the excellent dojo search engine. I travel a lot, and I like to visit the local dojos wherever I am.

I also appreciate the fine organization of the site, and when I explore features other than the dojo search engine, I invariably wonder why I do not do so more often.

- Margo
Old 09-18-2002, 09:13 AM   #50
Aikilove
Dojo: Lunds Aikidoklubb
Sweden
As a student of aikido, this site and the forum in it, gives me great joy. It brings the aikido around the world through the net.

Jakob Blomquist

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!