Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Techniques

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
IvLabush
Czech_Republic
Budo Renshu: seven years after

Hi folks.
I have a little story about Budo Renshu to share.
It has started seven years ago when I looked for different topics on this forum. Thread about Budo Renshu is still here and you may briefly look for it if you're curious.
For the next seven years people from our study group (some of them that still practice) became familiar with most Ueshiba's techniques, so we played around Budo Renshu a bit and created this demo.
After seven years we have chosen seven techniques from every chapter with some variations.
This demo do not provide some details about techniques and might be treated as one of variation about how it was hundred years ago.
At this point story stops but we'll see what happens next

Take care and keep going with your practice.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
akiy

Re: Budo Renshu: seven years after

Thanks for sharing, Ivan!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 09-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #3
sorokod
United Kingdom

To watch the video , YouTube requires me to sign in, I'll pass.

Old 09-20-2020, 12:27 AM   #4
Craig Moore
Australia

Thanks for posting his update. You've done well to continue working on these and put together another video of demonstrations.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:43 AM   #5
IvLabush
Czech_Republic

2 Craig Moore
I think you have Ueshiba's techniques source in Australia. You could play around it and create better variations of it. It's fun anyway.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #6
Craig Moore
Australia

Thanks Ivan. Like a lot of people I have compared some of the Budo Renshu content to what we do in the dojo, noticing examples that are similar and many that are different. As you say exploring this physically is interesting and fun. I think it's great that your group is putting that into practice.

Last edited by Craig Moore : 09-20-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #7
IvLabush
Czech_Republic

2 Craig Moore
Older Takeda, older Ueshiba and younger Takeda have left numerous forms to add 200 more to practice. Quantity of forms leads to ideas behind it. Budo Renshu might be a good tool to verify ideas passed by forms and dealing with unknown forms. It's free to show and could appears the useful in exploring way. Not many people shares their experience around Budo Renshu last 7 years. Hope it'll changes next time.
Old 06-14-2021, 01:47 AM   #8
Spadar_Raman

Dojo: Takemusu Aikido Society
Ireland

Hi Ivan, its great that you look to the roots, but people are still practicing techniques you demonstrated in your video. I would recommend you to visit Ibaraki Shibu Dojo in Iwama after the end of pandemic. You will figure out your mistakes and will be able to record a better updated version. Good luck with your research!
Old 07-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #9
IvLabush
Czech_Republic
Thumbs up Re: Budo Renshu: seven years after

Quote:
Raman Bekarevich wrote: View Post
Hi Ivan, its great that you look to the roots, but people are still practicing techniques you demonstrated in your video. I would recommend you to visit Ibaraki Shibu Dojo in Iwama after the end of pandemic. You will figure out your mistakes and will be able to record a better updated version. Good luck with your research!
Thanks for invitation. It would be nice to see those techniques on video performed by experienced teachers 'cause I saw only bad copies of it as it was sever years ago.