Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
akiy

YouTube: Aikido Class: Micheline Tissier 6th Dan - 12th IAF Congress in Takasaki

Here's an aikido video of Micheline Tissier (6th dan) teaching techniques from yokomenuchi at the 12th International Aikido Federation Congress in Takasaki, Japan in September, 2016.

What are your thoughts on this video?

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #2
asiawide
Re: YouTube: Aikido Class: Micheline Tissier 6th Dan - 12th IAF Congress in Takasaki

She's taking kuzushi after guarding yokomenuchi so following waza makes sense. Bu kotegaeshi... I can't see kuzushi but she just throws uke. It may be possible if she got damn good weight shifting but she doesn't seem so.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #3
ChrisMoses
Dojo: TNBBC (Icho Ryu Aiki Budo), Shinto Ryu IaiBattojutsu
United_States
Re: YouTube: Aikido Class: Micheline Tissier 6th Dan - 12th IAF Congress in Takasaki

That's a whole lot of shoving from the back foot and lurching forward. Yuck.

Chris Moses
TNBBC, "Putting the ME in MEdiocre!"
Budo Tanren at Seattle School of Aikido
Shinto Ryu Iai-Battojutsu
Old 04-20-2017, 09:17 AM   #4
Michael Hackett
Dojo: Kenshinkan Dojo (Aikido of North County) Vista, CA

I didn't care much for her art, but I do admire her teaching style. She speaks enough, but not too much and demonstrates piece-by-piece and with the whole technique. It appears like she's using a lot of muscle as she throws.

Michael
"Leave the gun. Bring the cannoli."
Old 04-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #5
ilona

United_States

I enjoyed this a lot as a beginner; I recognized one of the techniques as very similar to what we did in class the other night (cool for me because I still find it confusing to keep them all straight). As for those criticizing her form, I understand from an interview with her that she has issues with her knees. That might affect how she moves. To me, she seems pretty amazing!
Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #6
SeiserL

United_States

She recently took part in a Bridge Seminar at Shndai Dojo in Orlando Florida ...
She was technical and systematic, with powerful technique, and a pleasant attitude ...
Very enjoyable ...

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #7
MrIggy
Dojo: Aikido Klub Tisa - Novi Sad
Serbia

She seems pretty tensed during certain techniques but still gives a clear, sharp and precise demonstration of them. Good overall impression in my opinion.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
SeiserL

United_States

Thought it might be interesting to add some insight into the person ...
https://youtu.be/GGaOP15rXFc

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!