Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > External Aikido Blog Posts

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
Sojourner
Australia
Circle An explanation re my blog.

First off, thank you to all those people that enjoy reading the blog posts that I have put up in here these past few weeks. dontmakemeangrymrmcgee runs over 1000 views per day on average which for a single wordpress blog is a good effort and I am happy to know that people are joining it as as members and clicking back on it for updates as it shows up in the figures there.

I would like to make the point that I don't have a set style in the way that I write, some of the topics are stuff that I have researched as I have looked into Aikido, other topics are blog posts that I have specifically written for Aikido Dojos to use as a resource on their facebook pages / websites to promote their Aikido club and help them get new members. I don't care who reblogs or uses this stuff as I am happy to support any Aikido organisation to get new members. The most popular blog post there -- Aikido for Over 40's is a good example of that and I am happy to say that I have feedback that several people have gone on to step out and give Aikido a try after being challenged by it.

I don't profess to have humour down pat, but do give it a try from time to time, the posts on "Will Aikido / Krav Maga help me in jail" are an example of that -- until you get to the last paragraph where I try and talk to people about taking responsibility for their own lives and making something of themselves which is a subject I feel quite strongly about.

There are posts that you may well deem to have a "religious" focus on Aikido. I use the blog openly from time to time as an extension of my own search into Spirituality and subjects that occupy my mind at the time can end up getting a run on the blog. I chose to become a member of the Seventh-day Adventist church on my journey into spiritual knowledge and both enjoy it and use it as a barometer of where I feel on other spiritual issues. -- the blog posts Aikido and Christianity, Aikido and Judaism, Shinto Clapping and Aikido and Imi Litchtenfeld are examples of this.

Krav Maga and other martial arts also get a run, I have a background in Krav Maga and relate my reasons for moving in From Aikido to Krav Maga. As you will see from my blog I still enjoy Krav Maga and exploring Jujitsu -- Jujutsu . Wing Chun and whatever else takes my fancy at the time.

I concede that I do get some criticism because people suggest that I make assumptions and have this or that other thing wrong in what I have written. I have been to university and I am totally aware of primary documents, footnotes and so forth, I don't generally bother to use them because I regard the blog more as an invitation to you into my own thought processes at the time. I am more than happy to publish your comments accordingly underneath. Still I also think that people often want to comment and see something as being wrong if you like as to give them the green light to move in an comment, I am really not worried, jump in and do whatever works for you, yet the welcome mat is always there.

Finally, my motivation for the blog came about after I researched the term Aikido on Google and discovered that it has steadily dropped down the searching order over the last 10 years. Whether Aiki Web has seen a similar reflection in drop away of views I do not know. What I do know is that another blog "KaratebyJessie" is doing good things for the Karate community and it is my intent to do something similar to promote Aikido to a western audience. For those who may not be across it, the term dontmakemeangrymrmcgee is taken from the TV show "The Incredible Hulk", and I then use the term "searching for the hidden strengths within that all humans have" which is the fictional story of Dr David Banner. I feel this reflects well on my own journey and the discoveries that I have made about Aikido that I would like to communicate to other people.

Anyway I hope this answers some questions and proves to be some help in why I write and share things in the way that I do!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!