Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-22-2002, 10:09 AM   #1
zyril
Jesus Teachings

Hello,

I'm new here but find your comments and insights very helpful.

I have also been surfing the web and found this interesting
site about The Teachings of Jesus.

If anyone is interested here's the link,

http://www.jesusteachings.com

Hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-24-2002, 11:13 AM   #2
Jim ashby
Dojo: Phoenix Coventry
Back again Zyril. I see you're flogging a different dead horse.

Have fun.

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 08-24-2002, 02:04 PM   #3
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
Imagine, there was no Jesus.

Imagine there was no Jesus, just the teachings of some mad crazy person.

Now come up with how these teachings relate to the universe, and how they relate to Aikido?

When you get your 10,000 page treatise published ... save one for me.
Old 08-25-2002, 04:35 AM   #4
Jim ashby
I take back my original post. Having wasted several hours perusing your site, I realise it's the same dead horse, just with a different coat.

Have fun.

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 08-25-2002, 09:53 AM   #5
Bruce Baker
Find the scientific reasons to believe in your faith, how men have manipulated the doctrines to their own purposes, and with universal truths, we return to the question the universe being god, not the man made deitys of our ancestors.

Find the truths that apply to your lessons of today, and then quoting from scripture or ancient texts are enjoyable, but not absolute guides.

Of course, people ride dead horses all the time, but that would be a merry go round, wouldn't it?
Old 08-25-2002, 10:04 PM   #6
virginia_kyu
Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
Wow, such intolerance from poeple who claim to be so open minded and enlightened by the aiki philosophy.

-- Michael Neal
-- http://www.theaikidolink.dnsdyn.net/
Old 08-26-2002, 01:59 PM   #7
Jim ashby
Sorry Michael. I've never claimed to be open minded or enlightened on these forums. However I've read the stuff peddled by this Zyril Zayhren (he claims he's an alien sent to enlighten us BTW) and in my considered opinion it's rubbish. What really burns me is that he expects level headed adults to buy this rubbish, furthermore he expects the Aikido community to be gullible enough to swallow his line. If you wish, follow the link to his site/s and see for yourself.

Have fun.

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 08-26-2002, 02:14 PM   #8
virginia_kyu
I want to see where he claims to be an alien, if it is true then I will agree with you.

-- Michael Neal
Old 08-26-2002, 08:19 PM   #9
zyril
Only expect people to let others make up their own minds as to what is valuable and what is rubbish. Not for you - great!
Quote:
James Ashby (Jim ashby) wrote:
Sorry Michael. I've never claimed to be open minded or enlightened on these forums. However I've read the stuff peddled by this Zyril Zayhren (he claims he's an alien sent to enlighten us BTW) and in my considered opinion it's rubbish. What really burns me is that he expects level headed adults to buy this rubbish, furthermore he expects the Aikido community to be gullible enough to swallow his line. If you wish, follow the link to his site/s and see for yourself.

Have fun.
Old 08-27-2002, 05:57 AM   #10
Jim ashby
Hi Michael. Find Zyril's first thread, I think it was called "original teachings", follow the link and read on!

Have fun

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 08-27-2002, 06:46 AM   #11
Jim ashby
Hi again Mike. It was called spiritual freedom. I found it again by using the find other posts tool (really handy Jun. On there the website is listed.

Have fun.

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 08-27-2002, 10:41 AM   #12
virginia_kyu
I saw it but I did not have the patience to read through the entire website, I have to agree it was a bit odd.

-- Michael Neal
Old 08-27-2002, 01:12 PM   #13
Jim ashby
I agree it is a bit odd. In the same way that everest is a bit high and concorde is a bit fast.

Have fun.

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 08-27-2002, 10:37 PM   #14
virginia_kyu

-- Michael Neal
Old 08-28-2002, 06:58 PM   #15
Pretoriano

Dojo: Aikido Santa Fe
Venezuela
What it has to be stated is that we are little people compared with great teachings.

Said it: WE ARE ARE LITTLE PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THOSE GREAT TEACHINGS.

Im Buddist,

Pretorian
Old 08-29-2002, 01:11 PM   #16
zyril
maybe you should understand a little about your mind and what makes it work the way it does. if you are really interested you can find more then enough answers here

http://originalteaching.com
Old 08-29-2002, 08:48 PM   #17
Pretoriano

Dojo: Aikido Santa Fe
Venezuela
Thank you Zyril, for the link, Yes that are for people who wants more than what the typical library offers, even I ve already the answers I need, Ill take a look closely.

Thanks again,

Pretorian
Old 08-30-2002, 09:57 AM   #18
zyril
You're welcome. Enjoy..
Old 08-30-2002, 12:06 PM   #19
chadsieger
Dojo: Minh Sensei
Talking It has TV reviews!

Quote:
TV SERIES: Married with Children

This is the epitome of the modern human consciousness. This is the typical example of the average working man and his family - in a nutshell. It shows all the primative thoughts, feelings, and automatic reactions of the modern day human mind. Not much creativity, although they do try, just automates. The mind leading them around like the puppeteer moving the marrionette.
The link also has movie reviews.

Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is exactly the place to train-
M. Ueshiba
Old 08-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #20
Bruce Baker
Anytime a religion is motivated by monetary renumeration, such as professional hierarchy of priests, bishops, and great and greater leadership, it does become a pyramid scheme of money glorifying the greatness of ones ticket to heaven. We, as human beings have this incredible flaw of physical glorification to buy us entrance to higher plane of existence.

Terrible way to be, but each of our religious clubs deign they are the chosen of some higher power. If it creates peace, promotes the common good, and isn't forced upon the masses, I say go for it, be happy.

But if it is the exclusion of any and all outside the doctrine, then I say, eat dirt and die.

Aikido is not just the way to get along with everyliving thing, but it also contains the means of death when there is no possible way to create harmony other than enforcing what is right with a death.

Jesus? Well, by todays standards he would need to show his passport for the years he left his family and traveled. Show me how his teaching were not the modification of Buddhism and I will show you how they were.

Then I will show you how the Christian religion was changed by the hierarchy through the years. Humanity is a bitch on wheels trying to be a saint. Aikido is another key to the puzzle of life. Turn the key and see what is behind the door or Aikido?
Old 08-30-2002, 10:22 PM   #21
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Nice post Bruce, Can't say for sure that Jesus' teaching were modified Buddhism, but I do find many similarities, infact my practice of buddhism as shown me just how rich the teachings he had are. The Ironic thing is move supposed move away from Christianity has actually brought me closer to the teaching of Jesus!

On another note, I am confused on why some of you are upset with Zyril? How does what he says impact you in anyway?

Frankly I find it interesting to see what another persons thoughts are, I always learn something, even if I may not agree with the underlying philosophy or dogma attached to it!

Old 08-31-2002, 01:13 PM   #22
Jim ashby
I am not upset at Zyril per se. However I do take exception to people coming on to an Aikido forum and peddling their goods, especially if they think we're as flakey as them and will swallow a line like Zyril the alien is punting. My religious beliefs (or lack of them)are a matter of record on these forums. If you feel that life just isn't enough without buying a book on the subliminal messages in star trek you have my pity.

Have fun.

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 09-01-2002, 12:14 AM   #23
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
My philosophy is that everyone is selling something even if it is their ideas.

Jim, how does what he is posting affect you?

Sounds somewhat judgemental on your part. Heck he has only posted 10 times since Feb 2002.

Old 09-01-2002, 03:46 PM   #24
Jim ashby
On these forums I am selling nothing unlike Zyril the alien. I make my living by selling. Zyril the alien does not actually impinge upon my life other than by expecting that we, as Aikidoka, should be interested in his insane ramblings. It is unfortunate that there are people that may actually buy the crap that he peddles, however there are stupid people as normal ones.

Have fun

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 09-03-2002, 07:54 AM   #25
zyril
Here's something different

http://originalteaching.com

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!