Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Non-Aikido Martial Traditions > Events Listings: Non-Aikido Martial Traditions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Garth
United_States
Dan Harden in Hainesport , NJ March 2014

"We are planning a Dan Harden workshop for March 8th and 9th at the Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westhampton in central New Jersey. Cost is $195 for both days - training times to be announced later and there will be an informal get together on Friday night at the Sports Bar next door for those coming in Friday.

This is an excellent opportunity for those in the NY, PA, NJ, MD, VA, and DC areas to attend. Since we will be contracting for a commercial venue at the hotel for training, we will need attendance commitments no later than Jan 1st, 2014 to reserve the training room.

Please send registration requests to Dan at Dojoseminars@gmail.com and payments to Dan via Paypay at homeoffice@charter.net"

Thanks

A day will dawn when you will yourself laugh at your effort. That which is on the day of laughter is also now.
Ramana Maharishi
Old 11-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
Garth
United_States
Re: Dan Harden in Hainesport , NJ March 2014

UPDATE ON THE VENUE:

We have reservered a meeting room at the hotel below for the Two Day Event.
Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton
30 Western Drive
Westampton, New Jersey
(800) 627-7468
There will be a block of rooms available also at $119 - Just mention the Bodywork Seminar
Registration still needs to be in to Dan by Jan 1st to reserve a spot at Dojoseminars@gmail.com and final payment needs to made no later Than February 1st via Paypay at homeoffice@charter.net unless you have made other arrangements directly with Dan. Cost of seminar for both days is $195.
Thanks

A day will dawn when you will yourself laugh at your effort. That which is on the day of laughter is also now.
Ramana Maharishi
Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
allowedcloud
United_States

I attended this event in March 2013.

The training was held in Jon Haas's fitness studio. The attendees consisted of not just Aikido pratictioners, but also Judo, Systema, and CMA practitioners looking for a way to improve their practice or simply checking this stuff out. A few attendees also flew in from Europe. This was my 2nd seminar with Dan.

First, Dan laid out the training methodology, its long history, and demonstrating the effects to everyone around the room. Then we started on the push drills to test our intent, and get a sense of what "extending in 6 directions" *feels* like so that we can remember incorporate that training into our solo and paired practices. At this seminar Dan even had handouts - xeroxed pages from the book "Anatomy Trains" to explain what exactly is going on in the body when we extend intent, and that much of this stuff had been documented for thousands of years in Chinese medicine.

Since I had discovered "soft power" and how to train it, it has changed my aikido in a dramatic way. Though I'm still only beginning IP training, I definitely notice it has improved my stability, and an Aikido instructor whom I only practice with occasionally at seminars, mentioned to me that I felt completely different than I did even 6 months ago.

Dan is by no means the only person teaching this stuff (he will point out that these skills aren't his and are 1000s of years old), he does seem to be the most accessible person teaching it within the US.

So if you read the tiring flame wars on Aikiweb regarding IP/Aiki, and ever wondered what the heck those crazy people were talking about, if you live in the NE USA this may be the seminar you've been looking for!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Garth
United_States

Okay just to reiterate folks. This is a go at the Burlington Courtyard Marriott . This seminar is an opportunity for newbies to experience hands on with Dan Harden . We do need to get registered with Dan by February 1st . Contact at dojoseminars@gmail.com to register and send payments to homeoffice@charter.net. Cost for both days is $195. Rates on rooms at the Marriott are available at $125 a night , just mention bodyworks seminar...

Ramana Maharishi
Old 02-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Garth
United_States

Spots still open for this seminar. See above

Ramana Maharishi
Old 03-01-2014, 05:33 AM   #6
Zoe
Dojo: Currently relocating
United_States

Dan said he thought this was booked full. He will check later today.
Zoe
Old 03-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #7
Zoe
Dojo: Currently relocating
United_States

From Dan's private forum:
Event is at the
Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly
30 Western Drive, 30 Western Drive, Westampton, NJ 08060

As stated, the workshop will be in the Courtyard Inn meeting room on Sat from 10:00 am till 6ish and Sunday the same times. Link: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ly-westampton/
We will probably have a budo dinner Sat night right next door at The Recovery Sports Grill.

Speaking of which-For those coming in Friday, there will be a hook up across the street from the hosting hotel at the Recovery Sports Grill adjacent to the Hilton Garden hotel (where we all stayed last year) link: http://www.recoverysportsgrill.com/l.../westampton-nj
Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #8
Millsy
Dojo: Aiki-Centre
Australia

Thanks for the details. Is there a time for the Friday hook up?