My name is Christopher Schalge, doctoral student at Sofia University (formerly the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology) in Palo Alto, California and shodan in aikido. I am performing my dissertation study on Aikidoists social interactions in the workplace. This study is endorced by Robert Frager, Aikido teacher, 7th Dan Aikikai Hombu Dojo and a professor at Sofia University (please see attached letter).
I am seeking participants of all levels of experience. I am also asking that people post the flyer for this study (see attachment) in their dojo and pass the word on to fellow aikidoists. Participation is strictly confidential, guaranteed! Not one bit of identifying information will be shared with anyone (especially your workplace).
• Are your fluent in reading and speaking English?
• Are you currently working full or part-time in a setting where you regularly interact with
other coworkers, a supervisor, or supervisees?
• Are you 18 or older with 6 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week?
• Are you currently working in the United States?
• Are you currently training in Aikido at least once a week on average?
• Are you willing to volunteer about 1 hour of your time answering questions online?
If the answer to these questions is yes, you qualify!
This is not a commercial venture and I will not monetarily profit from this study. However, your participation is extremely valuable in providing much needed insight into better understanding workplace interactions. Participants are welcome to receive a summary of the published aikido and workplace interaction research.
To participate or for more information please contact me at (650) 248-3970; email@example.com