How many Aikido maneuvers are there?
For basics you could say:
- Shiho Nage [4 direction throw]
- Irimi Nage [entering throw]
- Uchi Kaiten Nage [inside rotary throw]
- Kote Gaeshi [wrist turning throw]
- Udekime Nage [elbow throw]
- Kokyu Nage [breath throw]
- Tenchi Nage [heaven & earth throw]
- Soto Kaiten Nage [outside rotary throw]
- Sumi Otoshi [corner drop]
- Ushiro Kiri Otoshi [Cutting drop]
- Kubi Nage [neck throw]
- Koshinage [hip throw]
- Ganseki Otoshi [boulder drop]
- Juji Garami [crossed elbows throw]
- Rokyo [Hijikime Osae]
Dont worry about all the "Throwing" techniques listed.
Some feel more like Judo moves. [i.e. Koshinage]
And as pointed out these techniques will be covered in various positions.
... which adds up quickly.
At the end of the day its not about any given technique.
In theory it should be thought of more like a chess game where you have the necessary pieces but its up to you how they move.