Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on



Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Training

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #126
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Graham:

Sensei Danny Da Costa has e-mailed myself and several other people. He has stated that he does not remember ever meeting you and that you were never one of his teachers. Would you be kind enough to explain this apparent discrepancy to us.

Marc Abrams
Marc. I think you need to review the video. It's not real.

G.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #127
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
Location: New York
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,302
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Marc. I think you need to review the video. It's not real.

G.
Graham:

Of course the video was a comedy. What does that have to do you saying that Sensei Da Costa was an old student of yours? Are you trying to say that what you posted was not real or true?

Marc Abrams
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #128
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Graham:

Of course the video was a comedy. What does that have to do you saying that Sensei Da Costa was an old student of yours? Are you trying to say that what you posted was not real or true?

Marc Abrams
It seems blatantly obvious to me. Are you saying he is a real Sensei?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #129
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
Location: New York
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,302
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
It seems blatantly obvious to me. Are you saying he is a real Sensei?
Danny Da Costa Timeline As of May 2010

Danny da Costa has acheived 6th Dan Judo, 5th Dan Aikido (awarded May 2010), Founder Shinjido and over 50 years experience in martial arts, 20 years Area Champion and Team Captain.
Photo Above on the mat at High Wycombe Judo Centre. From left: Ray Stevens (Olympic silver medalist), Neil Adams (MBE, World Champion, double Silver Olympic medalist and Britain's most successful Judo fighter) and Shinjido inventor Danny Da Costa.

1956 British Schoolboys Senior Boxing Champion every bout won by K.O.
1958 Joined the British Judo Association.
1964 Gained Black 1st Dan beat 8 opponents in succession by full ippon.
1966 Ranked number 1 British Judo Light Weight, commenced a 10 year period as
British International, winning many international matches.
1968 Won my first British Open
1974 Won my last British Open
European Silver Medallist - at the age of 33.
1976 Appointed Western Area Judo Coach, established 4 centres of excellence.
1980 Commenced studies with Geoff Gleason - Britain's first professional National Coach.
1997 Gained Aikido 1st Dan
2002 (April) awarded 6th Dan Judo
2002 World Master's Judo Champion winning every contest by ippon.
2003 Specialist coach for Plymouth Albion Rugby Club
2004 After 15 years of study promoted to 4th Dan Aikido and authorised to develop
newaza (groundwork) for the Shin Gi Tai Aikido Association.
2005 Introduced Shinjido principles for mat competition and developed new techniques.
May 2010 promoted to 5th Dan Aikido

Shinjido is based on sound principles. It was designed for fighting as opposed to sport Judo. It could be readily tailored for MMA use and add another dimension to this growing sport.

I don't know Graham, you tell me if he is a real Sensei. Then again, what does that have to do with you posting information that is not true and you do nothing to indicate that the information is not true. Would you now like to acknowledge that you were not being honest, humor or not?

Marc Abrams
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #130
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Danny Da Costa Timeline As of May 2010

Danny da Costa has acheived 6th Dan Judo, 5th Dan Aikido (awarded May 2010), Founder Shinjido and over 50 years experience in martial arts, 20 years Area Champion and Team Captain.
Photo Above on the mat at High Wycombe Judo Centre. From left: Ray Stevens (Olympic silver medalist), Neil Adams (MBE, World Champion, double Silver Olympic medalist and Britain's most successful Judo fighter) and Shinjido inventor Danny Da Costa.

1956 British Schoolboys Senior Boxing Champion every bout won by K.O.
1958 Joined the British Judo Association.
1964 Gained Black 1st Dan beat 8 opponents in succession by full ippon.
1966 Ranked number 1 British Judo Light Weight, commenced a 10 year period as
British International, winning many international matches.
1968 Won my first British Open
1974 Won my last British Open
European Silver Medallist - at the age of 33.
1976 Appointed Western Area Judo Coach, established 4 centres of excellence.
1980 Commenced studies with Geoff Gleason - Britain's first professional National Coach.
1997 Gained Aikido 1st Dan
2002 (April) awarded 6th Dan Judo
2002 World Master's Judo Champion winning every contest by ippon.
2003 Specialist coach for Plymouth Albion Rugby Club
2004 After 15 years of study promoted to 4th Dan Aikido and authorised to develop
newaza (groundwork) for the Shin Gi Tai Aikido Association.
2005 Introduced Shinjido principles for mat competition and developed new techniques.
May 2010 promoted to 5th Dan Aikido

Shinjido is based on sound principles. It was designed for fighting as opposed to sport Judo. It could be readily tailored for MMA use and add another dimension to this growing sport.

I don't know Graham, you tell me if he is a real Sensei. Then again, what does that have to do with you posting information that is not true and you do nothing to indicate that the information is not true. Would you now like to acknowledge that you were not being honest, humor or not?

Marc Abrams
Well it looked like some kind of monty python sketch to me. I can't believe anyone took it or my reply to it literally. Fascinating.

To think that you not only took it literally but you actually got in touch with the person in the spoof. I find that amazing. So it turns out he is actually a real 'Master'? O.K.

Honest? Is humour anything to do with honesty? There's hardly an honest word in than video, or do you actually believe he is a master of rakey? Or he translated his dads last words the way he said.

I can give you more than what you ask for if you want. In humour I have said many things so none of them would be honest would they? I remember saying on a recent post I only eat one grain of rice a day followed by a nice cup of Ki. Totally dishonest. But you may take it literally if you like.

Regards.G.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #131
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
Location: New York
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,302
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Well it looked like some kind of monty python sketch to me. I can't believe anyone took it or my reply to it literally. Fascinating.

To think that you not only took it literally but you actually got in touch with the person in the spoof. I find that amazing. So it turns out he is actually a real 'Master'? O.K.

Honest? Is humour anything to do with honesty? There's hardly an honest word in than video, or do you actually believe he is a master of rakey? Or he translated his dads last words the way he said.

I can give you more than what you ask for if you want. In humour I have said many things so none of them would be honest would they? I remember saying on a recent post I only eat one grain of rice a day followed by a nice cup of Ki. Totally dishonest. But you may take it literally if you like.

Regards.G.
Graham:

Why should anybody take something you say seriously is a very good question. Whether it be your claims of martial effectiveness, your claims regarding your teacher training at the Hut Dojo; your claims of humor, rice, etc..... Establishing credibility is quite easy. Answer questions honestly and in a non-evasive manner. Demonstrate your claims to an independent audience. Those are two easy ways to start. If you step back and look at how well-informed people have responded to you, maybe you might see why it is that people bring into question your credibility. Nobody was looking to knock you down by challenging your claims when you first started posting on this forum. You created a dynamic in which many people have openly sought honest answers and sincere, cordial face-to-face meetings to which you studiously avoided. I applaud your effort in meeting with Mark Freeman. I can only hope that you continue on a path of being open and honest about legitimate inquiries into what you say and do.

Marc Abrams
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #132
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,110
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Danny Da Costa Timeline As of May 2010

Danny da Costa has acheived 6th Dan Judo, 5th Dan Aikido (awarded May 2010), Founder Shinjido and over 50 years experience in martial arts, 20 years Area Champion and Team Captain.
Photo Above on the mat at High Wycombe Judo Centre. From left: Ray Stevens (Olympic silver medalist), Neil Adams (MBE, World Champion, double Silver Olympic medalist and Britain's most successful Judo fighter) and Shinjido inventor Danny Da Costa.

1956 British Schoolboys Senior Boxing Champion every bout won by K.O.
1958 Joined the British Judo Association.
1964 Gained Black 1st Dan beat 8 opponents in succession by full ippon.
1966 Ranked number 1 British Judo Light Weight, commenced a 10 year period as
British International, winning many international matches.
1968 Won my first British Open
1974 Won my last British Open
European Silver Medallist - at the age of 33.
1976 Appointed Western Area Judo Coach, established 4 centres of excellence.
1980 Commenced studies with Geoff Gleason - Britain's first professional National Coach.
1997 Gained Aikido 1st Dan
2002 (April) awarded 6th Dan Judo
2002 World Master's Judo Champion winning every contest by ippon.
2003 Specialist coach for Plymouth Albion Rugby Club
2004 After 15 years of study promoted to 4th Dan Aikido and authorised to develop
newaza (groundwork) for the Shin Gi Tai Aikido Association.
2005 Introduced Shinjido principles for mat competition and developed new techniques.
May 2010 promoted to 5th Dan Aikido

Shinjido is based on sound principles. It was designed for fighting as opposed to sport Judo. It could be readily tailored for MMA use and add another dimension to this growing sport.

I don't know Graham, you tell me if he is a real Sensei. Then again, what does that have to do with you posting information that is not true and you do nothing to indicate that the information is not true. Would you now like to acknowledge that you were not being honest, humor or not?

Marc Abrams
When I first saw Graham's post about Da Costa it did appear to me he was claiming he taught Da Costa, so I did an internet search to find our more. After I saw the high level of Da Costa's credentials, it became obvious to me that he had no connection to Graham. So it does look like Graham was being cute and humorous again in his own special way

Greg
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #133
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,152
United Kingdom
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Well it looked like some kind of monty python sketch to me. I can't believe anyone took it or my reply to it literally. Fascinating.

To think that you not only took it literally but you actually got in touch with the person in the spoof. I find that amazing. So it turns out he is actually a real 'Master'? O.K.

Honest? Is humour anything to do with honesty? There's hardly an honest word in than video, or do you actually believe he is a master of rakey? Or he translated his dads last words the way he said.

I can give you more than what you ask for if you want. In humour I have said many things so none of them would be honest would they? I remember saying on a recent post I only eat one grain of rice a day followed by a nice cup of Ki. Totally dishonest. But you may take it literally if you like.

Regards.G.
Dear Graham,
Mr Da Costa may well be a Master of RAKE/Y.As far as your own diet of one grain of rice a day
and a cup of Ki [with or without milk /sugar ?] as long as you found it nourishing and the enormous amount of calories you consumed did not make you gain weight, keep it up.Let me know if the regimen
helps to 1.Slim you down.2, Increases your understanding of the workings of the Universe and the Oneness of All Things.Cheers, Joe
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #134
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Dear Graham,
Mr Da Costa may well be a Master of RAKE/Y.As far as your own diet of one grain of rice a day
and a cup of Ki [with or without milk /sugar ?] as long as you found it nourishing and the enormous amount of calories you consumed did not make you gain weight, keep it up.Let me know if the regimen
helps to 1.Slim you down.2, Increases your understanding of the workings of the Universe and the Oneness of All Things.Cheers, Joe
Yep. Sounds good to me. As my teacher said to me: 'How serious can you be?...Dead.' I find that quite profound actually.

Regards.G.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #135
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Graham:

Why should anybody take something you say seriously is a very good question. Whether it be your claims of martial effectiveness, your claims regarding your teacher training at the Hut Dojo; your claims of humor, rice, etc..... Establishing credibility is quite easy. Answer questions honestly and in a non-evasive manner. Demonstrate your claims to an independent audience. Those are two easy ways to start. If you step back and look at how well-informed people have responded to you, maybe you might see why it is that people bring into question your credibility. Nobody was looking to knock you down by challenging your claims when you first started posting on this forum. You created a dynamic in which many people have openly sought honest answers and sincere, cordial face-to-face meetings to which you studiously avoided. I applaud your effort in meeting with Mark Freeman. I can only hope that you continue on a path of being open and honest about legitimate inquiries into what you say and do.

Marc Abrams
Marc. We have a different thought process. I answer straight but when my answer is not accepted I am asked to explain. When I explain I'm accused of evasive. One thing missing here? Yes, I already answered but you or someone don't accept it. What can I say? Some well informed people don't accept what I say. That's not evasive on my part.

My problem, (although not really a problem to me) is that I do give straight answers that well-informed people disagree with or don't believe, therefore it is my honesty and straightforwardness that appears to be a problem for others from my perspective.

With regards to creating a dynamic as you put it is one thing I have found happens on this type of place ie: forum. You say there is a consequence to that and it equals therefore I must do this or do that as people are now interested in 'who is this charachter? or some such.' That is all new to me.

I think it's very easy to understand my views on the matter but once again find a certain few not accepting what I say. Well, that's a dead end for there's nothing more to say to such people.

Finally, applauding my meeting with Mark. I appreciate the sentiment but I have always been open to meet anyone if the purpose is reasonable and not some bravado thing.

Regards.G.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #136
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
Location: New York
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,302
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Marc. We have a different thought process. I answer straight but when my answer is not accepted I am asked to explain. When I explain I'm accused of evasive. One thing missing here? Yes, I already answered but you or someone don't accept it. What can I say? Some well informed people don't accept what I say. That's not evasive on my part.

My problem, (although not really a problem to me) is that I do give straight answers that well-informed people disagree with or don't believe, therefore it is my honesty and straightforwardness that appears to be a problem for others from my perspective.

With regards to creating a dynamic as you put it is one thing I have found happens on this type of place ie: forum. You say there is a consequence to that and it equals therefore I must do this or do that as people are now interested in 'who is this charachter? or some such.' That is all new to me.

I think it's very easy to understand my views on the matter but once again find a certain few not accepting what I say. Well, that's a dead end for there's nothing more to say to such people.

Finally, applauding my meeting with Mark. I appreciate the sentiment but I have always been open to meet anyone if the purpose is reasonable and not some bravado thing.

Regards.G.
Graham:

If your perspective is not being reflected back to you by this community (which is the case here) then I think you might want to consider recalibrating what you are doing. Another issue that you seem to create is that when people do not agree with you, you dismiss what they say while propping up your position. Now, a lot of the people who have been providing you feedback have far more experience and knowledge than both you and I. It would go along way for you to be open to be wrong and misguided when faced with information that is far more informed than what you bring to bear. If you are not interested in recalibrating your thoughts based upon the feedback from others, then maybe you should stick to blogs.

If you are always open to meeting anyone if the purpose is reasonable and not some bravado thing, then I look forward to hearing from both you and Dan Harden about your upcoming meeting with him. You will be pleasantly surprised about the utter lack of bravado you will experience when you and Dan work out together. I was concerned about that very thing myself when I met Dan for the first time and was so happy to find a sincere, caring person who was so open to experiencing what we did and thought and shared openly as well.

Marc Abrams
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #137
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Sorry, but I disagree. I choose who I would like to meet and who I wouldn't as does everyone else. Then it is also dependent on if they want to meet me also. Maybe 95% of people I do and 5% I don't.

You can offer your advice, it's up to you.

I could offer my advice to you but I wouldn't for I think that is too presumtious. As I said, different views.

There is no upcoming meeting between me and Dan. Another presumption?

Regards.G.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #138
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
Location: New York
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,302
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Sorry, but I disagree. I choose who I would like to meet and who I wouldn't as does everyone else. Then it is also dependent on if they want to meet me also. Maybe 95% of people I do and 5% I don't.

You can offer your advice, it's up to you.

I could offer my advice to you but I wouldn't for I think that is too presumtious. As I said, different views.

There is no upcoming meeting between me and Dan. Another presumption?

Regards.G.
Here we go again..... You say:

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
I appreciate the sentiment but I have always been open to meet anyone if the purpose is reasonable and not some bravado thing.

Regards.G.
I assume that you were being honest and direct in your statement when you said "ANYONE"

Then you say:
Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Sorry, but I disagree. I choose who I would like to meet and who I wouldn't as does everyone else. Then it is also dependent on if they want to meet me also. Maybe 95% of people I do and 5% I don't.
This is yet another example of what I consider to less than honest and evasive posts from you. I apologize for giving you the benefit of doubt and making a presumption that you actually would stand behind your words. So much for a good faith attempt to try and encourage you to be candid and honest in what you say and do.

Marc Abrams
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #139
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Here we go again..... You say:

I assume that you were being honest and direct in your statement when you said "ANYONE"

Then you say:

This is yet another example of what I consider to less than honest and evasive posts from you. I apologize for giving you the benefit of doubt and making a presumption that you actually would stand behind your words. So much for a good faith attempt to try and encourage you to be candid and honest in what you say and do.

Marc Abrams
Well I consider what you just did with what I said less than honest. A statement is not one word and given as such paints a different picture.

Is this another misunderstanding or deliberate?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #140
mathewjgano
 
mathewjgano's Avatar
Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
Location: Renton
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,113
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

This strikes me as a conversation for PM. Although I can see how it might fit the definition of Aikido Attacks, too.
Graham, did you end up writing a reply to my post yet? PM me about it please.
Make a nice day,
Matt

Gambarimashyo!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #141
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
This strikes me as a conversation for PM. Although I can see how it might fit the definition of Aikido Attacks, too.
Graham, did you end up writing a reply to my post yet? PM me about it please.
Make a nice day,
Matt
Good idea Matthew. Thank you.

Regards.G.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #142
Chris Li
 
Chris Li's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,079
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Sorry, but I disagree. I choose who I would like to meet and who I wouldn't as does everyone else. Then it is also dependent on if they want to meet me also. Maybe 95% of people I do and 5% I don't.

You can offer your advice, it's up to you.

I could offer my advice to you but I wouldn't for I think that is too presumtious. As I said, different views.

There is no upcoming meeting between me and Dan. Another presumption?

Regards.G.
Graham, I seriously think that you ought to consider Dan's request, I think that you would enjoy meeting him. He is one of the politest and most respectful people that I know, he only gets obnoxious after he gets to know you better .

Best,

Chris

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #143
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Christopher Li wrote: View Post
Graham, I seriously think that you ought to consider Dan's request, I think that you would enjoy meeting him. He is one of the politest and most respectful people that I know, he only gets obnoxious after he gets to know you better .

Best,

Chris
Same goes for you Chris. If you think you have advice for me pm. Thank you.

Regards.G.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #144
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
Location: Birmingham, AL
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,508
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

I can see where Graham could have taken Da Costa's clip as a total joke. I did, when I first saw it, and that made me wonder if maybe he was Graham's student.

So Graham's comment that this was "an old student" of his seemed like an actual claim. Clearly, Da Costa was spoofing...but what was he spoofing? An overly "spiritual" kind of teacher who makes very bad videos....?

Well, at least we got an introduction to Danny Da Costa, who seems like a great martial artist and a very good-humored guy. A real fighter.

Anyway, while I was on vacation (looks like a bunch of folks were put on suspension from aikiweb while I was away... ), I noticed Stan Pranin's excellent post on aikidojournal.com, with Ueshiba's statement to "correct ourselves, not others."

And I think that's really the best approach.

Still, I want to remind everyone that Graham made many comments that some of the IS teachers in the discussions were selling "snake oil," etc., without having met them and without apparent understanding of what they were doing. So let's all be conscious of the insults, however passive they may be.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.davidorangejr.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #145
gates
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 193
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
Still, I want to remind everyone that Graham made many comments that some of the IS teachers in the discussions were selling "snake oil," etc., without having met them and without apparent understanding of what they were doing. So let's all be conscious of the insults, however passive they may be.

David
Wasn't this incident quite a while ago? Didn't Graham publicly apologize?

Enjoy the journey
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #146
Chris Li
 
Chris Li's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido Sangenkai
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,079
United_States
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20860

Best,

Chris

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #147
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
Location: london
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,697
England
Offline
Re: Aikido attacks.

Quote:
Keith Gates wrote: View Post
Wasn't this incident quite a while ago? Didn't Graham publicly apologize?
Hi Keith.
Yes, seems I missed this comment from David on this thread. There was a so called incident a while ago. The incident was actually Dan asking me a question and me using, quoting, something he had said as an answer. This led to a private communication between the two of us where we cleared up some misunderstandings and announced so publicly.

Now I never would call anyone 'snake oil' anything and would never say my 'power' is greater than anyones.

We clash then and now in respect of 'ueshibas aikido' and definitions of 'aiki'. Thus it's actually a philosophical clash and from me anyway not personal.

I never mention anothers charachter for to me that shows lack of integrity.

I have pointed out today that anyone don't understand me regarding another person or personal reason for anything then pm is available.

A new policy for myself so that any personal or personality differences are removed from the forum.

It is a forum and from what the younger generation tell me you can never escape from such charachter referencing behaviour but I can decide and have decided not to respond to it from now on except by pm. (they can always come and visit me personally and be treated with kindness and accomodation rather than tell me who I should or shouldn't meet)

Regards.G.
  Reply With Quote

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.



Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you could buy just ONE book about Aikido techniques, what would it be? Karol Kowalczyk Techniques 45 01-31-2014 11:35 PM
When is Aikido a Non-Aikido martial art? Allen Beebe General 51 11-13-2011 12:15 AM
Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 20 Peter Goldsbury Columns 22 10-20-2011 10:28 PM
How I Met Aikido rulemaker General 2 06-29-2010 10:02 PM
Steven Seagal Interview ad_adrian General 45 01-15-2010 03:34 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:43 PM.



vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
----------
Copyright 1997-2014 AikiWeb and its Authors, All Rights Reserved.
----------
For questions and comments about this website:
Send E-mail
plainlaid-picaresque outchasing-protistan explicantia-altarage seaford-stellionate