Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-24-2000, 12:14 AM   #1
akiy

Hi folks,

I've been fortunate to get permission from Frank Doran sensei of Aikido West, Stan Pranin of Aikido Journal, and Wendy Palmer sensei of Aikido of Tamalpais to interview them for AikiWeb during our Summer Camp in about a week.

If you have any questions that you would like me to ask of any of these
people, please feel encouraged to send them to me by, let's say, next Sunday (30. July, 2000). Although I can't promise I'll ask all of the questions I receive, I would like to make sure I have your questions handy. I appreciate all of your input in this matter.

My e-mail address is akiy@aikiweb.com.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 07-24-2000, 05:43 PM   #2
akiy

No questions?

-- Jun

Old 07-25-2000, 10:42 AM   #3
BC
OK, I'll throw some questions out there:

-I would be interested to learn all of those senseis views/persepectives on the current state of aikido in the US.

-Given the fragmentation of Aikikai-affiliated organizations in the US today (USAF, ASU, AANC, AAA, PAF, among others), do they anticipate any kind of future efforts to foster and formalize relations and/or communications between these disparate groups?

-If not, how do they believe things will evolve in the near and distant future?

-What would they LIKE to see happen?

- What are their own concerns or questions about the current and future state of aikido in the US?

-As aikido grows and spreads worldwide, what do they see happening to aikido in terms of dealing with the issue of newer instructors who never met or studied under O Sensei or the former Doshu Kishomarru Ueshiba?

Regarding aikido and technology:

-How do they see aikido being most affected by the recent rapid advances in technology and communications?

-Which aspects of the these advances have or will have the most influence on aikido?

-What might be some of the most significant changes that the "technology revolution" could have on aikido's future?
Old 08-05-2000, 10:07 PM   #4
akiy

Hi folks,

I was able to interview Stan Pranin yesterday morning but unfortunately didn't have time to interview Frank Doran sensei nor Wendy Palmer sensei. I'll be writing up the interview with Stan Pranin when I get back from Summer Camp in the Rockies. Hopefully, it'll be online within a few weeks...

-- Jun

Old 08-05-2000, 11:24 PM   #5
Kevin
Dojo: Aiki Zenshin Dojo, Aikido of Fremont
United_States
Smile

Hey,

Here are a few more questions!

*Ask them their opinions on children classes and training.
*How about how they feel on rank restrictions for children and teens.
*What are some of the differences that they see in children and adults while training.

Hey, I am only 14. Some of things might affect me.

Well, I can't think of anymore for now, but if I do, I will post another message.

-=Kevin=-
http://www.aikidouniverse.com
Old 08-06-2000, 09:08 AM   #6
Nick
Dojo: Aikido of Greater Atlanta
United_States
OT but-

Kevin, as I am also 14, I'd like to see what they have to say there also. My dojo has turned away many a child, and since I am kind of big for my age (5'8, 160) and had previous bujutsu experience, would be my guess as to why they accepted me.

-Nick

---
Nick Porter
"Do not fall into the trap of the artisan who boasts twenty years of experience, when in fact he has had only one year of experience-- twenty times."
Old 08-25-2000, 11:06 AM   #7
BC
Any news on the interviews? Not to be impatient, but I'm just being impatient...

"I'm a poet and I don't know it! I rhyme all the time!"
Old 08-25-2000, 11:10 AM   #8
akiy

I'm hoping to transcribe the tape of the interview I did with Stan Pranin hopefully sometime this weekend. Since I'll be in the Bay Area next weekend, I'm going to try to interview Wendy Palmer sensei while I'm there. I don't know when I'll get the chance to interview Doran sensei any time soon, but hopefully sometime!

-- Jun

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.