Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
How to Be Remembered

I wish I knew who the guy was who told this one. I saw him at a corporate Annual Dinner 25 years ago, I guess.

The Joke

"If you want people to remember you, go to a big office building with lots of elevators and wait for one to fill up. Then, just before the doors close, step in, but don't turn around like everyone else. Instead, let the doors close behind you and keep facing the people in the elevator.

"And smile.

"I guarantee you, when that elevator gets to the next floor, you're gonna have it all to yourself because everybody else in that thing will get out. So you just ride to the next floor, get out, go to the next elevator and push the "UP" button. And when the doors open, all those people that got off your elevator will be on it.

"So you step in and let the doors close behind you, looking into the elevator, smiling. And you say, 'I know y'all was talkin' about me while I was gone.'"

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com
Old 02-19-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
guest1234567
Spain
Re: How to Be Remembered

What about walking with an invisible dog and talking to him
Old 02-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Carina Reinhardt wrote: View Post
What about walking with an invisible dog and talking to him
Or beating your invisible dog. What cruelty.

Best to you.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com
Old 02-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
guest1234567
Spain

Old 02-19-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
Diana Frese
Dojo: Aikikai of S.W. Conn. (formerly)
United_States

Hey Carina, thanks for the memory flash of those empty collars and leashes, the photo is beautifully done, the colors are nice and so many at once! I remember the fad, but never saw a sight such as this!

Your posts always put a smile in my day.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
Diana Frese
United_States

David, thanks for your OP I wish my Dad were around we always shared funny stories and he would have loved this one. I'm going to practice it so I can share it with people around here. It's great.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #7
guest1234567
Spain

Quote:
Diana Frese wrote: View Post
Hey Carina, thanks for the memory flash of those empty collars and leashes, the photo is beautifully done, the colors are nice and so many at once! I remember the fad, but never saw a sight such as this!

Your posts always put a smile in my day.
Thanks a lot Diana, I hope your day is great like mine, I had this morning a calm working morning and in 2 hours we start our aikido meeting and afterwards we'll have an icecream in the bar beside, the mint with chocolate bits is the best I think
Old 02-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
Diana Frese
United_States

David gave me a memory of my Dad and now Carina gave me a memory of my Mom --- her favorite flavor of ice cream was mint chocolate chip!

My day was already getting great and now my parents seem to be almost present again. Now this is almost miraculous how it happens when we share thoughts with friends.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
guest1234567
Spain

Yeah Diana, it's great, I'm also very happy, because on thursday my two older children will come from Madrid just for two days, but I'll take the afternoons off to drive around, our landscape is beautiful green after the raining, that is not usual on the island, in summer it never rains, so it gets dry...
Old 02-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #10
guest1234567
Spain

I think this lady will be also remembered, it happened yesterday. At the airport our reps told her that the 3 stars bungalow she reserved was not available due to overbooking and we had blokked a nice 4 stars appartement and that she got half board as compensation. She got up in the bus but then she took her handbag and threated the driver to take her to the bungalows she had reserved. When she arrived, she left her luggage at reception and jumped in the swimming pool shouting that she wouldn't get out until she got her bungalow.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #11
Marie Noelle Fequiere

Dojo: Atibon Aikido, Port Au Prince, Haiti
Haiti

Quote:
Carina Reinhardt wrote: View Post
I think this lady will be also remembered, it happened yesterday. At the airport our reps told her that the 3 stars bungalow she reserved was not available due to overbooking and we had blokked a nice 4 stars appartement and that she got half board as compensation. She got up in the bus but then she took her handbag and threated the driver to take her to the bungalows she had reserved. When she arrived, she left her luggage at reception and jumped in the swimming pool shouting that she wouldn't get out until she got her bungalow.
Oh, come on, Carina! Tell us the end of the story!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
guest1234567
Spain

Hi Marie Noelle
This morning the rep who takes care of this clients told me the lady calmed and accepted to move in the appartements after they promised her the money for the taxi to go every day to the bungalows to spend the day there on the pool