Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
guest1234567
Spain
Thoughts about blog posts and comments

Source http://www.brainstuck.com/tag/blogger/

I like it very much when people read my blog and comment it, thinking the same of other bloggers I comment every post I like and most of the times I get a reply, but sometimes there is none. So maybe my thinking is wrong there are people who just write for themselves and don't care for comments or even don't like them. Of course I'll respect that, so I' do not comment any more in the blogs where I don't get a reply.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States
Re: Thoughts about blog posts and comments

Sometimes I don't comment on someone's comment in my blog because I don't have anything to say at that time. Just because someone doesn't respond and say "Thank you." or something doesn't mean they don't appreciate your feedback or comment.

If I don't like a comment someone left me, I would just delete it. HAH! This hasn't happened yet, but.... it is an option.

P.S. The cartoon was interesting too

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
guest1234567
Spain

Hi Ashley,
By writing it is like talking by phone you don't see your partner, so just imagine you are calling someone, he is there but does not say anything... The other person doesn't know what do you think, if you liked it or not... You see Nialls blog is the most commented here although he has only few posts,because he always replys and sometimes it becomes a real nice conversation.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:26 AM   #4
niall
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Japan

Carina I see I'm in this conversation. I think Ashley is right. Sometimes there is nothing to add. Or we are not sure what to reply. Maybe later we might think of something - but if not don't worry. We are always happy to have your thoughtful comments so please keep giving them!

we can make our minds so like still water, and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even with a fiercer life
w b yeats

aikiweb blog|wordpress blog
Old 01-22-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
guest1234567
Spain

I know you are and now I know also Ashley is, but there are people who just write for themselve and that is the point, as you don't know almost all of the people who are writing in this forum personally, you really don't know, what they think... A short thanks does not take much time and if I don't get it I'll know that comments are not welcome.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #6
Mary Eastland

Dojo: Berkshire Hills Aikido

I like to get comments. When I read a blog...i may like it yet I don't what to write. I like your suggestion of just saying "thank you".
Mary
Old 01-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #7
guest1234567
Spain

Thank you Mary for understanding the point. Of course if we all would know each other in person we would know about the thinking of each one and don't worry about if comments are welcome or not. There are people who write for themselves and take their blogs out of internet sometimes. I met one guy who did that.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

Quote:
Carina Reinhardt wrote: View Post
There are people who write for themselves and take their blogs out of internet sometimes. I met one guy who did that.
What a scumbag. How dare he?. He shoud be tarred and feathered.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #9
guest1234567
Spain

Why Demetrio should he?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #10
jurasketu
Dojo: Roswell Budokan
United_States

Carina-

That is why I like "Like Buttons". Usually, I have nothing of value to add to most blog posts and so I hate to clutter threads up with 'nice post' and 'good point' posts.

Robin

All paths lead to death. I strongly recommend taking one of the scenic routes.
AWA - Nidan - Started Aikido training in 2008
Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #11
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

Quote:
Carina Reinhardt wrote: View Post
Why Demetrio should he?
http://www.reporeduca.com/dudas/?p=39
Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #12
guest1234567
Spain

Ok but I was talking about somebody you don't know. And talking about gallegos, I received today a really funny email from my friend in La Coruņa about mistakes in your news
Old 01-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #13
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

Very interesting...
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #14
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States

Quote:
Robin Johnson wrote: View Post
Carina-

That is why I like "Like Buttons". Usually, I have nothing of value to add to most blog posts and so I hate to clutter threads up with 'nice post' and 'good point' posts.

Robin
I am a HUGE like button fan. I constantly go to use it here after being on facebook and then I get sad when I forget we don't have it.

As far as people writing for themselves, I in fact DO write for myself. If I were writing the blog for others, I would probably go about it differently. HOWEVER, I do appreciate people's comments and feedback. I figure if a blog is on a public domain, then they want (or don't mind) people reading them. Here on aikiweb, you can make a blog private or a particular entry private if you don't want others to read them.

I say, comment away if you want! If they don't like your comments, they can delete them or they can make their entries private. OR, they could just do a private blog elsewhere.

I guess what I am saying is... do what you want.

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!