Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #1
Hedley Phillips
Dojo: Coldharbour
United Kingdom
How do I delete my account

Hi,

I'd like to delete my account please. I tried sending a message through the contact form but it gave me a Forbidden error.

"You don't have permission to access /forums/sendmessage.php on this server."

Thanks,

Hedley
Old 12-16-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
Greg Jennings
Dojo: WPAFB JiuJitsu Group
United_States
Re: How do I delete my account

Hedley,

Here is the profile of the guy that you want to contact. There are links there for both PM and email.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/member.php?u=1

Greg Jennings
Old 12-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
carina reinhardt
Spain

Hi Hedley,

Please tell me if you get it done.

I sent him a PM the 28th Nov 2013 to delete my account and he still didn't do it.
It's not good for business to have less members, even if they don't comment
Old 12-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #4
Greg Jennings
Dojo: WPAFB JiuJitsu Group
United_States

If you want to do something yourself, go into your account settings and change the email address to something nonsensical. At that point, it's not really your account anymore, it's a zombie.

That's pretty much what happens behinds the scenes in the software.

HTH

Greg Jennings
Old 12-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States

i have always worried about deleting my account here, because i believed that, like the matrix, if i deleted my account, then i would blow myself away and never be able to find out if i am the chosen one. so i stay put and put up with these strange aikido folks who kept wondering about their effectiveness in the world of martial and marital arts.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 12-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Dan Rubin
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member
Dojo: Boulder Aikikai
United_States

By "delete my account," do you mean that you no longer want to be listed as a member of AikiWeb, or do you mean that you want all of your posts (which, for Carina, is 429) deleted?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #7
lbb
United_States

Quote:
Dan Rubin wrote: View Post
By "delete my account," do you mean that you no longer want to be listed as a member of AikiWeb, or do you mean that you want all of your posts (which, for Carina, is 429) deleted?
Predicting that the latter ain't gonna happen, on any system, anywhere.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
jdostie
Dojo: Aikido of Livermore
United_States

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
i have always worried about deleting my account here, because i believed that, like the matrix, if i deleted my account, then i would blow myself away and never be able to find out if i am the chosen one. so i stay put and put up with these strange aikido folks who kept wondering about their effectiveness in the world of martial and marital arts.
For this, we need the equivalent of the facebook like button. I should have taken the blue pill.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:48 AM   #9
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Joseph Dostie wrote: View Post
For this, we need the equivalent of the facebook like button. I should have taken the blue pill.
It is clear that you didn't get any undeserved advice for disrespectful conduct sticked in your profil since 2011 in which the only person who considered it disrespectful was the administrator of this forum, all persons involved considered it a joke. It is not an Aiki behaviour to have your advice always visible when you enter in your account, like a red light "you are not welcome"

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Predicting that the latter ain't gonna happen, on any system, anywhere.
I said it is not commercial not to delete accounts, because Mr Akiyama counts in the "22.000" members all banned people, persons like me treated with injustice and so on. I think if you begin to count really active members you will not get even 1000.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #10
jdostie
Dojo: Aikido of Livermore
United_States

Quote:
Carina Reinhardt wrote: View Post
It is clear that you didn't get any undeserved advice for disrespectful conduct sticked in your profil since 2011 in which the only person who considered it disrespectful was the administrator of this forum, all persons involved considered it a joke. It is not an Aiki behaviour to have your advice always visible when you enter in your account, like a red light "you are not welcome"
I meant no disrespect to you. I was commenting only on the matrix reference.

There should absolutely be a way to cancel, remove your account, and/or have objectionable materials removed.

I am sorry it appeared I was poking fun. I clearly have no idea what you are referencing or experiencing.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #11
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Joseph Dostie wrote: View Post
I meant no disrespect to you. I was commenting only on the matrix reference.

There should absolutely be a way to cancel, remove your account, and/or have objectionable materials removed.

I am sorry it appeared I was poking fun. I clearly have no idea what you are referencing or experiencing.
Hi Joseph,
I know that, you were not meant. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, there is no way, as I said last year I sent a PM to Jun Akiyama to unregister me, to delete my account, as it seems to be impossible to delete that advice for disrespectful conduct in my profile, but it seems to me there isn't possible anything at all, whether to delete this horrible message, or to delete your account.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #12
Shadowfax

Dojo: Allegheny Aikido, Pitsburgh PA
United_States

No forum that I have ever been on, deletes accounts for people who no longer wished to take part. The way to end your relationship with any forum is simply to change your password to something you will not remember and stop visiting the forum.

Any content you put on a forum anywhere will remain there for as long as that forum exists.This is why it is wise to think very carefully about what you say or put on the internet.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:03 AM   #13
dps

It is completely up to whoever is in charge of the forum. I have gone back on this and other forums looking for specific people and all of their posts have been remove.

dps
Old 12-22-2014, 01:08 AM   #14
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Cherie Cornmesser wrote: View Post
No forum that I have ever been on, deletes accounts for people who no longer wished to take part. The way to end your relationship with any forum is simply to change your password to something you will not remember and stop visiting the forum.

Any content you put on a forum anywhere will remain there for as long as that forum exists.This is why it is wise to think very carefully about what you say or put on the internet.
That doesn't help us Hedley and me and it confirms the lie of Jun Akiyama, when he speaks about the 24.683 members of the Forum. Soon he will celebrate 25.000 members, but it is absolutely not true.

By the way Cherie I have no problems with the contents of my posts, just with the injustice I was treated.
Jun Akiyama will never delete this awful message he put in my profile, so the only chance for me is to delete the whole account
Old 12-22-2014, 04:13 AM   #15
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

I do not see any disrespectful message in Carina's profile.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:32 AM   #16
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
I do not see any disrespectful message in Carina's profile.
Now you can see it

Old 12-22-2014, 04:43 AM   #17
Demetrio Cereijo
Spain

I'm speechless.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:33 AM   #18
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan

This is silly. It was a private message - which we would never know about and you can easily delete.

Because it was a private message I have no idea how many Jun sends out but I bet you it was for good reason (again it is private so we don't know) and there are not that many.

You post to a public forum your posts become part of the public record. Nature of the beast. The numbers of members is irrelevant.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 12-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #19
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Peter Rehse wrote: View Post
This is silly. It was a private message - which we would never know about and you can easily delete.
Then please tell me how I can delete it, because I tried and it is there for EVER. For me it matters only that I must see it always.

Quote:
Because it was a private message I have no idea how many Jun sends out but I bet you it was for good reason (again it is private so we don't know) and there are not that many.
The good reason can only know Mr Akiyama, because all people involved agreed that it was a joke between us.

Quote:
You post to a public forum your posts become part of the public record. Nature of the beast. The numbers of members is irrelevant.
It is not irrelevant if it is not true and he is boasting with it and celebrating it.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #20
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan

Quote:
Then please tell me how I can delete it, because I tried and it is there for EVER. For me it matters only that I must see it always.
Go to Private messages (under the Welcome message) and then in your Inbox click on Empty Folder.

Simples.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 12-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #21
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Go to Private messages (under the Welcome message) and then in your Inbox click on Empty Folder.

Simples.
Please look closer to the image, it is NOT in my Private Messages box, and perhaps you noticed also below Expires the word NEVER

Thanks anyway.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #22
lbb
United_States

Quote:
I said it is not commercial not to delete accounts, because Mr Akiyama counts in the "22.000" members all banned people, persons like me treated with injustice and so on. I think if you begin to count really active members you will not get even 1000.
Hello Carina,

I have no idea of the numbers you're referencing, nor do they really have any bearing on my answer. From the other side of the customer service desk, I will say that depending on what you mean by "delete accounts", it's certainly "commercial", if by that you mean a widespread practice. This is not due to any malicious intent but instead to the difficulty in deleting accounts, which I'm sure seems very simple until you've seen the inside of a typical database. On a posting forum like this, to delete all posts by you is just not done; there aren't any tools for it. And then there are backups...

In short, if you have a beef with a system, do as others have suggested: change your password to something truly unguessable, go elsewhere and don't come back. It's the only option.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #23
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Hello Carina,

I have no idea of the numbers you're referencing, nor do they really have any bearing on my answer.
Dear Mary,
If you go to forums on the top in Forum Statistics it says
Welcome to our newest member, Roland Spitzbarth Threads: 22,504, Posts: 337,069, Members: 24,683

Quote:
From the other side of the customer service desk, I will say that depending on what you mean by "delete accounts", it's certainly "commercial", if by that you mean a widespread practice. This is not due to any malicious intent but instead to the difficulty in deleting accounts, which I'm sure seems very simple until you've seen the inside of a typical database. On a posting forum like this, to delete all posts by you is just not done; there aren't any tools for it. And then there are backups...

In short, if you have a beef with a system, do as others have suggested: change your password to something truly unguessable, go elsewhere and don't come back. It's the only option.
I think the posture putting as an expire date NEVER is not Aiki like at all. Everybody makes a mistake because that is human, nobody is perfect. But we must close doors and open new ones. The positive side, I always am looking for that. I have been more than 2 years out, it is ok for me, Mr Aikiyama doesn't want me as a member, otherwise he would have deteled that message some time ago .
Positive things for me,
I got a very good friend and sensei. I'm writing my own articles which I post in Aikido Academy USA and some times in E-Budo, where I am a contributing member and it is a Forum very well administrated by Prof. Goldbury helped by nice people like Cady Goldfield and there RESPECT is the most important thing .
Old 12-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #24
Janet Rosen
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Carina, clearly you have a private beef with Jun, which you have chosen to make public by offering a snapshot of something none of us could ever possibly see.
As it is abundantly obvious that he is not going to publicly respond, what do you intend to gain by beating a dead horse here? Really, does anybody CARE how many of the total number are participating, lurking, missing in action, etc?
The OP was provided by several people who know about forums and databases with the best advice on how to walk away from the site as well as why forums have technical limitations in these areas.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield
Old 12-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #25
carina reinhardt
Spain

Quote:
Janet Rosen wrote: View Post
Carina, clearly you have a private beef with Jun, which you have chosen to make public by offering a snapshot of something none of us could ever possibly see.
As it is abundantly obvious that he is not going to publicly respond, what do you intend to gain by beating a dead horse here? Really, does anybody CARE how many of the total number are participating, lurking, missing in action, etc?
The OP was provided by several people who know about forums and databases with the best advice on how to walk away from the site as well as why forums have technical limitations in these areas.
Dear Janet
The thread it "How do I delete my account", and that is what I would like to do, can you help me?
The other things came out by replying the questions of members who tried to help`

Have a nice day!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!