Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on



Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Supplies

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
MBaraz
Dojo: Soseikan Aikido Dojo, Worth, IL
Location: Chicago, IL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
United_States
Offline
Dogi pants with zipper?

When I saw Bujin Design's dogi pants with the zipper and web belt I knew I would never buy anything else. I am mourning the passing of Bujin as I love Ikeda Shihan and always felt so good about buying from them knowing it was his shop. On a more practical level it turns out they were the only place I could find dogi pants with a zipper. The days of dropping my pants to my knees to go to the bathroom is as distant a memory as training wheels on my first bike.

I've talked with a number of people in the same dilemma. I am wondering if anybody has found a new supplier of pants?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
Location: New York
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,302
United_States
Offline
Re: Dogi pants with zipper?

Quote:
Michael Baraz wrote: View Post
When I saw Bujin Design's dogi pants with the zipper and web belt I knew I would never buy anything else. I am mourning the passing of Bujin as I love Ikeda Shihan and always felt so good about buying from them knowing it was his shop. On a more practical level it turns out they were the only place I could find dogi pants with a zipper. The days of dropping my pants to my knees to go to the bathroom is as distant a memory as training wheels on my first bike.

I've talked with a number of people in the same dilemma. I am wondering if anybody has found a new supplier of pants?
Michael:

I share your pain! I am considering just buying some zippers and having them put in at my local tailors. I cannot believe that there are no other dogi manufacturers that do not recognize that the zipper is superior idea that has been around for awhile.

Marc Abrams
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
DonMagee
Location: Indiana
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,311
United_States
Offline
Re: Dogi pants with zipper?

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Michael:

I share your pain! I am considering just buying some zippers and having them put in at my local tailors. I cannot believe that there are no other dogi manufacturers that do not recognize that the zipper is superior idea that has been around for awhile.

Marc Abrams
I think the problem is most dogi are made for judo players and the rules prohibit any metal.

- Don
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,743
United_States
Offline
Re: Dogi pants with zipper?

Quote:
Don Magee wrote: View Post
I think the problem is most dogi are made for judo players and the rules prohibit any metal.
zipper might break in the guard which might lead to embarrass moment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
jbblack
 
jbblack's Avatar
Dojo: Aikido of Reno
Location: Reno, NV
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 80
United_States
Offline
Re: Dogi pants with zipper?

The closest I have seen are the R type pants from Iwata.

http://www.alpha-net.ne.jp/users2/iwataco/frame2e.html

Cheers,
  Reply With Quote

Please visit our sponsor:

Seminar with Frank Doran, Shihan - Aug. 8-10, 2014 at Sunset Cliff's Aikido, near San Diego's finest beaches



Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dogi backpack DanielR Supplies 14 05-25-2009 12:23 AM
Dogi too big? thomas_dixon Supplies 10 05-05-2006 06:02 AM
Dogi question: Dave Miller General 20 09-02-2005 08:03 PM
Dojo & Dogi, 2nd editon. Zato Ichi Humor 4 07-26-2005 02:50 AM
e-bogu/Budo King dogi question Jesse Zinn Supplies 2 12-15-2004 11:27 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 AM.



vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited
----------
Copyright 1997-2014 AikiWeb and its Authors, All Rights Reserved.
----------
For questions and comments about this website:
Send E-mail
plainlaid-picaresque outchasing-protistan explicantia-altarage seaford-stellionate