In between classes every week, I train very hard at home on my own. I usually walk through the progressions of what I had learned in the last class I attended. I try to pay close attention to my footwork, hand placement and my center. I have the aikido 3D program which was recommended by my sensei and I love it!
I'm wondering if anyone can share what they do to train at home on their own to remember techniques. Any advice is appreciated....
Go with the flow...
- I practice with my kids...
- Watch videos of my instructor and I practicing
- Read forums, etc and watch youtube clips, etc.
- Watch Aikido 3D and ponder the differences
- Train once a week with a few guys from the dojo on the side [focus on training for upcoming test as well as trying to 'feel' why a technique works or does not work]
- Cross training in Thai Boxing/MMA [though I have taken this month off... something about getting out in minus celsius weather constantly turns me off... its enough just getting out the door to the Aikido practices.]
Basically make it your own... you can practice your footwork - and really start pondering and making Aikido fit you. [philosophical, sport, etc.]