Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Anonymous

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #1
"Original Poster (OP)"
IP Hash: c92d037c
Anonymous User
Always injured

In the last four months or so, I seem to always get injured at training. I would get an injury, tape it up for training and continue to train, then just about when it's healed enough for me to stop taping it I would get injured somewhere else. It's happened for 4 times already. It's not the first time I've had an injury from aikido, but it is unsettling to be constantly injured all the time so many times in a row. I'm not sure if it's because I loose focus on my ukemi when injury is almost healed..... or if my training partner notices I'm pretty much back to normal and throws me harder... or a combination of both and something else. Has other people had this happen?

I am still a low kyu grade, and I've been told my ukemi is good for my grade and I think I get thrown just as hard as guys who are first or second kyu. Is it as simple as telling people to throw me softer? I've had people who would throw me softly sometimes and then over excited and randomly throw me hard. All it takes is just one bad throw or bad rolling to get an injury.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!