Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-30-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
Intro: Bruce Baker

Hello, I am Bruce Baker from Barnegat, New Jersey. About thirty miles north of Atlantic City, and sixty mile south of New York City ... The Pine Barrens.

I pursue studies in Kosho Shorin Do Kempo/ Wally Jay jujitsu and presently USAF Aikido under Yoshimitsu Yamada 8th dan, NYC. I have dabbled in other arts, but have returned to Aikido while starting George Dillman/ Ryukyu Kyusho pressure point studys ... which began to explain a lot of what O'Sensei was doing?

Lots of seminars around here to do... please visit LBI if you visit NYC / Atlanctic City / Philadelphia area.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:29 AM   #2
Bruce Baker
Sorry for twos storys

I didn't realize that there were two stories, my computer crashed when I wrote this one?
Old 04-17-2002, 05:22 AM   #3
Bruce Baker
Goodbye

Whether it is clarity or simply waking up, I am appalled at the chit chat and insulting attitudes within the threads.

Although one or two people have actually tried to share knowledge, there have been too many semi organized glee clubs of writers who claim to be humble teachers, then have others or themselves claim I have been doing martial arts this long blah, blah, blah, and you can't say that to me in that way, while writing totally differently to their buds.

Within the difficulty of having spellcheck, and checking your text before you lose a thought or losing a phone connection, sometimes words don't always express the entire meaning found within a paragraph or the entirerty of a text? Some times reading the words falls short, within your context of experience.

Little things like "Are you saying I am not doing Martial Arts?" merely reflect peoples own insecurity of their inflated egos. Don't look at me, I didn't say or hint at that thought, but there it was in one reply?

Most of life is seeing something, learning from it, find its meaning and relevance to you. Of course, there is always the contrary factor of learning something from your friends or teachers, which in most cases you grin and bear it .... or learning you inadequecies from strangers, which can range from ignoring the lesson to outright anger? Point of view makes a difference, indeed.

So with the thought that not all of us are aware of the many levels of secrets in Martial Arts, as proven by some responses to threads, that I say good-bye.

Those of you who blissfully find your practice satisfying arts and knowledge thereof, having fallen into the regimen of being formed into students, teachers, and sages unchallenged by solving mysterys of MA legends as attainable goals of present day human beings, I am sorry to have brought out your darker sides ... I will not see you in the road ahead.

For those of you who continue to question, to search, to find new meaning/new understanding in things such as the secrets of aikido or the secrets of other martial arts ...

I will see you down the road.

If not there ... when this body returns to the earth and this energy again returns to the universe / or heaven (same thing).
Old 04-17-2002, 07:35 AM   #4
lt-rentaroo
Hello,

Bruce - Have a safe trip, friend. Maybe we'll see each other down the road.

Shuchu Ryoku - "Focus all your energy to one point"

LOUIS A. SHARPE, JR.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:08 AM   #5
Brian Vickery
Dojo: Aiki-Buken Aikido
United_States
Ai symbol Re: Goodbye

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Baker

So with the thought that not all of us are aware of the many levels of secrets in Martial Arts, as proven by some responses to threads, that I say good-bye.
...I hope you find the peace you're searching for!

Fare-Well!

Brian Vickery

"The highest level of technique to achieve is that of having NO technique!"