Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Yukio Utada Sensei's 35th Anniversary of Teaching Doshinkan Aikido in the USA

This year marks Yukio Utada Kancho's 35th year teaching Aikido in the United States, and marks the 35th Anniversary of the founding of the Aikido Association of North America. Please join the Doshinkan Dojo in celebrating Kancho's 35th anniversary, on Saturday, October 10th, 2009 at the Kendrick Recreation Center in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia, PA, and Sunday, October 11th, 2009, at the Mandell Theater on the campus of Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA.

You may register online using the following packages:

35th Anniversary Seminar, Saturday (10am-12pm) - Place: Kendrick Recreation center, 5802 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia, Pa 19128. This price includes the cost of one demo ticket on Sunday.

35th Anniversary Seminar, Saturday (1pm-3pm) - Place: Kendrick Recreation center, 5802 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia, Pa 19128. This price includes the cost of one demo ticket on Sunday.

35th Anniversary Demo, Sunday (1pm - 2:30pm) - The demo will be held at the Mandell Theater: 3300 Chestnut St Philadelphia, PA 19104. The price online includes a $15 registration fee. The cost at the door is $25.

35th Anniversary Seminar and Demo (Everything) - This package includes both training sessions on Saturday October 10th (10a-noon, and 1p-3p, at the Kendrick Recreation center: 5802 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia, Pa 19128), as well as a ticket to the demonstration on Sunday October 11th (1p-2:30p, at the Mandell Theater: 3300 Chestnut St Philadelphia, PA 19104).

For more information, please download the 35th Anniversary Brochure (pdf). You may also contact the Doshinkan Dojo by phone at (215)483-3000, or via email at webmaster@doshinkan-aikido.org.

We are also accepting offers for sponsorship of the 35th Anniversary. Follow this link for more information.

Links for sign up available here:
http://www.doshinkan-aikido.org/

Best,
Ron Tisdale

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
aikishihan
Dojo: aikido academy/alhambra,california
United_States
Re: Yukio Utada Sensei's 35th Anniversary of Teaching Doshinkan Aikido in the USA

Congratulations to Yukio Utada Shihan on his 35 Golden Years of teaching Aikido to us in America!

Congratulations also go to his innumerable students, instructors and loyal supporters over this momentous period!

Aikido, and America, are both better because of the tireless and genuine efforts by an Aikido legend.

Omedetoo Gozaimashita!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
Nafis Zahir

Dojo: Bucks County Aikido
United_States
Re: Yukio Utada Sensei's 35th Anniversary of Teaching Doshinkan Aikido in the USA

Hey Ron! I am very disappointed to tell you that I will not be in attendance. I know I told you I would be, and I really did want to come, but a serious situation has come up and I just will not be able to make it. Congrats to Utada Sensei and I do hope that I get the chance to see and meet him one day. Enjoy the seminar and train hard. I hope that either you or someone can post some video clips from the seminar on youtube.

Please visit our sponsor:

Seminar with Frank Doran, Shihan - Aug. 8-10, 2014 at Sunset Cliff's Aikido, near San Diego's finest beaches