Another One Bites the Dust-JAMA
Borders and Barnes are great places, but I've heard personally from at least one other publisher that they take to big a bite out of the cover price for them to make any money at all. Thus, the loss of our paper aikido mags. And now JAMA, too. Alas!
Journal is now subsciption-based only
Monday, January 12, 2009 12:10 PM
"Michael DeMarco" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
View contact details
The decision was made: the Journal of Asian Martial Arts will only be available by subscription.
Subscriptions in Printed and Digital Formats
Although it will no longer be available in stores, the journal will continue to be available in print as well as a new digital format. Details will be provided on our website.
Cover V18 N1Next Issue's Contents ~ due out in February
* "Building Men on the Mat: Traditional 'Manly Arts' and the Asian Martial Arts in America," by G. Wingard
* "Qingping Straight Sword: The Last Remaining Chinese Sword System?" by S. Berwick, et al
* "Progressive Instruction Inherent in Standardized Form Practice Using Iaido for illustration," by K. Taylor
* "From the Tatami Mat to the Printed Page: Author Barry Eisler Keeps His Fiction Real," by B. Sheridan
* "Shaolin Physical Conditioning: What's Old is New Again," by J. Anta
Many of you are subscribers and we thank you for your continued support. Please let others know the journal is now a subscription-based periodical no longer available in the stores. Printed copies will be available in limited numbers, so whoever wants a hard copy of the next issue, or the dwindling back issues, should order soon. Click here to order.
Thanks much for your time and help,
Michael DeMarco, Publisher