Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Suru
United_States
Re: Brrrrr Global Warming

Quote:
Dalen Johnson wrote: View Post
The coldest bit was when we hit around negative -17 celsius in Dec.
Typically Jan is the coldest month - though I have to admit it has been consistently cooler. - 0 Celsius.

Quite frankly with global warming, I believe if politicians really cared they wouldnt have allowed the corporate deforestation of the Amazon rainforest. - Even more they would stop what is still happening and start replanting instead of coming up with the new extreme... carbon footprint this and that - regardless of how true it is.
Most politicians really do care what you think. But if you think, they care. Good example with the rainforest. Non-global warming related example: the Clinton administration, as I understand, had Bin Laden in its sights, but chose not to launch the tomahawk missile that would have destroyed him well before 9/11. I'm not looking at this with 20/20 hindsight bias, but rather that they knew he was deep trouble. He had already done some nasty things, I believe. Some Americans may have thought it murder, so Clinton decided not to launch. As you can tell, I haven't looked too deeply into this, but I would like to. Does someone know where to start?

"...I breech the flood of political insanity / Where hope once stood is filled with lies and shame..." Toto ~ "No End in Sight"

Drew
Old 01-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Suru
United_States
Re: Brrrrr Global Warming

Quote:
Drew Gardner wrote: View Post
Most politicians really do care what you think. But if you think, they care. Good example with the rainforest. Non-global warming related example: the Clinton administration, as I understand, had Bin Laden in its sights, but chose not to launch the tomahawk missile that would have destroyed him well before 9/11. I'm not looking at this with 20/20 hindsight bias, but rather that they knew he was deep trouble. He had already done some nasty things, I believe. Some Americans may have thought it murder, so Clinton decided not to launch. As you can tell, I haven't looked too deeply into this, but I would like to. Does someone know where to start?

"...I breech the flood of political insanity / Where hope once stood is filled with lies and shame..." Toto ~ "No End in Sight"

Drew
I asked my dad about this. He said that they did, in fact, launch the missile at Bin Laden's tent, but he had left beforehand. Proof of what lack of true information can do to an argument...my bad! However, this specific does not change my agreement with Dalen nor my sketchy feelings toward the Clintons and most (more than ~75% of politicians) of their "political insanity." Photo forthcoming...

Drew

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!