Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
Michael Varin
Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Why you must register as a Republican!

Most states are holding their primaries in early 2008. Many states have closed primary elections, meaning only members of that party can vote in the primary. Everyone should consider registering as a Republican, so you can vote for the only candidate for president that offers a real choice in 2008 -- Dr. Ron Paul.

Most Americans are no longer happy with the Republicans or Democrats, and believe they are merely choosing the lesser of two evils. Ron Paul is the only candidate that offers us real choice and has a very real chance of winning. He is one of the rare politicians who has integrity, which is demonstrated by his impeccable voting record.

Ron Paul will not get media attention, no matter how well he does in the debates! Americans are ready for a change in politics, not merely swapping Republicans for Democrats and getting the same thing, but a real change. There has already been an effort to ban Ron Paul from the rest of the Republican debates. If all you get to choose from is some combination of Hillary, Obama, Gore, Giuliani, McCain, Romney. . . then you really have no choice.

Here are some clips of or about Ron Paul that I found online. I'm sure you can find many more if you'd like to learn more about him and his perspectives.

Ron Paul v. Rudy Giuliani

Fox spin on their own poll results because Ron Paul was winning

Bill Maher talks about Ron Paul

http://www.downsizedc.org/blog/2007/..._-_may_20_2007

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=726_1179845349&p=1

Petition to keep Ron Paul in the Republican debates

-Michael
"Through aiki we can feel the mind of the enemy who comes to attack and are thus able to respond immediately." - M. Mochizuki
Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Taliesin
Re: Why you must register as a Republican!

It always amuses me that American 'Republicans' seem to be the keenest grovellers to Royalty imaginable.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
APER
United_States

Ron Paul is an interesting guy but too bad he stands no real chance. I will not be voting although it will be the first election in which I can practice my "opinion". All major candidates are pawns, in my opinion, of hidden corporate agendas.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:40 AM   #4
Michael Varin
United_States

Quote:
Gurbaksh Bhullar wrote:
Ron Paul is an interesting guy but too bad he stands no real chance. I will not be voting although it will be the first election in which I can practice my "opinion".
Not with that attitude.

What is voter turnout? Somewhere around 55% for presidential elections, even less for primaries. Imagine how many people share your displeasure with "big name" candidates. If Ron Paul stands a chance it will be totally grassroots, because the media won't give him attention. Fox News tried to give him negative attention, but it backfired. This means you have to let the people you talk to know about Ron Paul and you should definitely vote!

None of the other candidates can stand up to Ron Paul. Exposure to the general populace is his biggest challenge. People are doing things. You can start here: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/

-Michael
"Through aiki we can feel the mind of the enemy who comes to attack and are thus able to respond immediately." - M. Mochizuki
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #5
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside

Quote:
Gurbaksh Bhullar wrote: View Post
Ron Paul is an interesting guy but too bad he stands no real chance. I will not be voting although it will be the first election in which I can practice my "opinion". All major candidates are pawns, in my opinion, of hidden corporate agendas.
Hidden?

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com
Old 06-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
GLWeeks
Dojo: Aikido Society of Memphis
United_States

I had never even heard of him before the first debates... Don't know why but Ron seems a little strange and his opinion left me wondering how/why he is running as a Republican...

Best of luck to you, but I'm backing Thompson.... But hey, if Paul gets the nod then I will be casting my vote for him! Gotta stick with the Grand Old Party!!

Old 06-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
gdandscompserv

United_States

So I can vote for Mitt Romney?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #8
Michael Varin
United_States

Quote:
Ricky Wood wrote:
So I can vote for Mitt Romney?
No. Not Romney…
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3BN5nFt1SDQ

This guy…
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9dPyj_fTZBg

-Michael
Old 06-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #9
ChrisHein

United_States

Everyone complains about needing someone differn't. Seems like Ron Paul is that guy.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #10
Charlie

Quote:
Guy Weeks wrote: View Post
I had never even heard of him before the first debates... Don't know why but Ron seems a little strange and his opinion left me wondering how/why he is running as a Republican...
Probably because 10+ years ago he was a libertarian and then switched to the republican side because it is just impossible to run/win on a third party ticket without MAJOR financial backing [I believe his exact words were "unless you are a Ross Perot"]

Charles Burmeister
Aikido Yoshinkan Yoseikai

"Calmness is trust in action"
Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 AM   #11
Michael Varin
United_States

Ron Paul on the Daily Show

I found out today that you can register to vote on MySpace. Another example of people using the internet to make things more convenient.

Whether you are a first time voter or just changing your party affiliation so you can vote for Ron Paul in your state's primary (don't worry you can change it back after the election), it's very easy to do.

http://www.myspace.com/declareyourself

-Michael
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 AM   #12
dalen7

Dojo: Karcag Aikido Club
Hungary

I dont know - Its just a thought, but consider this.

Republican and Democrats seem so at odds...on the surface, but not in reality. Take a look:
Bush vs. Clinton (Bill) and now they are like good ol' fishing buddies.

Kerry vs. Bush (the younger) and they went to the same school and more than that were part of the same fraternity.

It seems all like a joke (politics) to me.
I live in Hungary now, and its the same sillyness here.

Maybe I should start a grassroots campaign and run for president.
I will ensure that there is plenty of salsa for everyone.

Peace

Dalen
Old 06-27-2007, 04:36 AM   #13
dalen7

Dojo: Karcag Aikido Club
Hungary

Quote:
Charles Burmeister wrote: View Post
[I believe his exact words were "unless you are a Ross Perot"]
Or Bill gates?
There you go Vista for all! (maybe it would compliment my 'salsa' campaign listed above, and yes Im talking food not dance!) No one left behind.
(coming from a mac addict)

Peace

Dalen

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!