Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 01-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #26
Taliesin
Re: Things People would NEVER Say

Ian Hurst (Or any other Englishman)

I wish we had Welsh weather.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #27
Mike Sigman
United_States

Quote:
Neil Mick wrote:
Oh, fer pity's sake...look at the thead title. It's supposed to be...humorous...hello?
Wait a minute... are you suggesting that comments similarly attributed to you are not humorous unless they conform to your standards?
Quote:
Instead of diverting the thread with a stupid flyby remark, you COULD always start up a new thread on the topic of the Lancet study, since you're so sure it's been disproven. You wouldn't be the first to try and disprove it with sketchy and partisan stabs, and I'm sure you won't be the last, either.

But then, of course, you know you'd get slammed...again (with you on the other end, patently denying what's in front of your nose, as usual).

P.S. How's that hunt for those anti-Semitic comments I made, going? Any luck yet?
Well, hold on, Neil. You need to understand that the only reason I said I didn't want to debate anymore with you is simply because you have the worst case of Confirmation Bias in your arguments of anyone I've ever seen. I'll let you look it up. Even with the liberal Washingtop Post on record, having openly indicated that Wilson got caught in fibs (Cheny sent him? He gave the wrong appraisal in the New York Times editorial) you continue to insist on an absurd interpretation, just as you do in all of your arguments.

The second indicator is watching what you do when asked direct questions or in the direct questions you ask. You almost always use the known tactic that is watched for in lying... you go for the famous "tangential answer". It's the sort of trick that Justin Smith uses when Cady tries to tell him that he'd doing inappropriate forum behavior. The same sort of tangential shift is seen when you ask questions... "where did I slander Jews?". No one has accused you of "slandering Jews", Neil.

If you want to have have good conversations, be honest and be factual. Even people who feel the same as you about aspects of politics and history are often forced to avoid association because of your untruthful hyperbole.

My comments about the Lancet publications (both of them in regard to the self-proclaimed anti-war activists from Johns Hopkins) were absolutely correct. YOU used false statistics, deliberately and knowingly. The humour is in your decrying someone for using false statistics.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
Old 01-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #28
Guilty Spark

United_States

It's about that time for someone to accuse the other of hating america

If you're hungry, keep moving.
If you're tired, keep moving.
If you value you're life, keep moving.

You don't own what you can't defend
Old 01-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #29
Mark Freeman
Dojo: Dartington
United Kingdom

"Zose English, zey are so much better lovers zan us"

Any Frenchman

Success is having what you want. Happiness is wanting what you have.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #30
Neil Mick
Dojo: Aikido of Santa Cruz

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
You need to understand that the only reason I said I didn't want to debate anymore with you is simply because you have the worst case of Confirmation Bias in your arguments of anyone I've ever seen.
Blah blah blah. Really, Mike, I don't care what your "reasons" are for not debating me (as, everyone knows the real reason). The only thing I care about is that you honor a certain element of reciprocity here (for once) and give me the same respect that you ask me to give to you.

Until then, you can expect me to reveal to the reader how hypocritical, racist and erroneous your posts usually are.

Quote:
No one has accused you of "slandering Jews", Neil.
Oh, gods, you are so easy. I got these after only checking this very thread after a few seconds:

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote:
Your rants are purely anti-American and anti-Jew... very trendy; very California; very Santa Cruz.

I.e..... where is the balance in your discussions? We already know you hate the Jooz.

So when I point it out that you're anti-American (and anti-Jew) you do the only thing you can do
And on and on and...

No Mike, if you want to get technical: you weren't accusing me of slandering the Jews--you were accusing me of something worse, as well as unprovable. You were accusing me of actually hating the Jews. And since you cannot possibly know what I am thinking or why, based simply on my posts here: I'd say that your charges are beyond specious, and enter into abusive country.

But I suppose that this latest exercise in mendacity just means that you've thrown in the towel in the prospect of finding ANY post of mine that you could call anti-Jewish. Ah well, to be expected.

Quote:
If you want to have have good conversations, be honest and be factual
Please, Mike, the whole of aikiweb is calling on you to SAY THIS IN FRONT OF A MIRROR. You might be doing a good job of fooling yourself, but most of the rest of us here are gifted with adult faculties, and adult reading levels. Anyone who follows the threads knows who leaves out significant portions of the truth, and who doesn't.

Quote:
Even people who feel the same as you about aspects of politics and history are often forced to avoid association because of your untruthful hyperbole.
You see, Mike, I don't need to feel secure in myself by labelling others. You should try it sometime. I don't need to go around and try to stereotype ppl, or box them into categories, because I don't understand them.

Quote:
My comments about the Lancet publications (both of them in regard to the self-proclaimed anti-war activists from Johns Hopkins) were absolutely correct.
Because you said so, of course. If you're so right, then start up a new thread (instead of slinging baseless claims, per your usual fare), instead of your usual baseless blather, and weak attempts at thread diversion.

Quote:
YOU used false statistics, deliberately and knowingly. The humour is in your decrying someone for using false statistics.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
The humor (and the sadness) is in one man who thinks he's some sort of "moral policeman" on AW, just because he derides everyone who disagrees with him and habitually calls these ppl "Jew-haters," and "anti-US."

Quote:
Grant Wagar wrote:
It's about that time for someone to accuse the other of hating america
Nah, I'll leave the name-calling in Mikey's court, where it usually resides.

The main reason I even call him anti-American is that he's anti-at-least-ONE-American...me.

We return you now to your program, and apologize for the interruption.

Last edited by Neil Mick : 01-28-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #31
Neil Mick

*OK, I admit it, I was wrong.
*The Arabs have good reasons to be angry.
*Thank you for showing me the errors in my posts. I am humbled by all my previous errors; but all the same I realize that making mistakes are a common element of being human.

--Mike Sigman
Old 01-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #32
Cady Goldfield
United_States

Guess I'll just dust off a couple of the "Things people would NEVER say" items I posted the other day...

Every morning when I wake up, I thank my lucky stars that I'll have Neil Mick to talk to today!
-- Mike Sigman

Every night when I go to sleep, I thank my lucky stars that I had Mike Sigman to talk to today!
-- Neil Mick

Old 01-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #33
Mark Freeman
United Kingdom

"Far be it from me to not want to prove my point"

Cady Goldfield

Old 01-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #34
Cady Goldfield
United_States

Quote:
Mark Freeman wrote:
"Zose English, zey are so much better lovers zan us"

Any Frenchman
"Those bloody French. Their foul cuisine can't hold a candle to our fine English cooking!"

Any Englishman
Old 01-28-2007, 03:44 PM   #35
Neil Mick

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote:
Guess I'll just dust off a couple of the "Things people would NEVER say" items I posted the other day...

Every morning when I wake up, I thank my lucky stars that I'll have Neil Mick to talk to today!
-- Mike Sigman

Every night when I go to sleep, I thank my lucky stars that I had Mike Sigman to talk to today!
-- Neil Mick

Yeah, we saw it the first time. The first time it was mildly funny...the second time, it was getting old.

Now here we are on time no. 3.

I'll just tell the joke once, no one likes a repeat-offender.
--Cady Goldfield
Old 01-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #36
Cady Goldfield
United_States

Think of it more as a reminder...
What you two are posting here is not the subject of this thread. That one would be the WWIII one, one thread down, to the left...er...right...er...left
Old 01-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #37
Neil Mick

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote:
Think of it more as a reminder...
What you two are posting here is not the subject of this thread. That one would be the WWIII one, one thread down, to the left...er...right...er...left
Perhaps you missed this remark, addressed to Mike...?

Quote:
Neil Mick wrote:
Oh, fer pity's sake...look at the thead title. It's supposed to be...humorous...hello?

Instead of diverting the thread with a stupid flyby remark, you COULD always start up a new thread on the topic of the Lancet study, since you're so sure it's been disproven.
I don't appreciate the diversion, any more than you. It's one of Mike's signature ploys.

I appreciate even less, is prepeatedly being compared as the exact opposite of Mike, whose racist posts are discussed elsewhere.

If you've got something to say, Cody: say it straight...don't try and slide it underneath an overrepeated joke. It's hard enough to glean some of the posters' intentions behind their posts, as it is.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #38
Cady Goldfield
United_States

Unfortunately, your squib about this being a "humorous" thread was followed by a lengthy diatribe you posted at 3:35p.m. today, about totally unrelated topics.

So okay, I'll say it straight:
This thread was supposed to be a humorous, lighthearted one about things people (celebrities, forum members, political figures, et al.) would never say. You're brawling like you're in a saloon. Take it outside. Sheesh.

Last edited by Cady Goldfield : 01-28-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #39
Cady Goldfield
United_States

"Why, I would LOVE to come back and redecorate the women's penitentiary!"

-- Martha Stewart
Old 01-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #40
Mark Freeman
United Kingdom

"Be careful guys, I'm going to lull you into a false sense of security"

Borat.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #41
Cady Goldfield
United_States

"Kazahkstan is run by leetle gearls and exports inferior grade potassium!"

-- Borat
Old 01-28-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
Neil Mick

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote:
Unfortunately, your squib about this being a "humorous" thread was followed by a lengthy diatribe you posted at 3:35p.m. today, about totally unrelated topics.
OK, Mr. Divergent-who-never-hijacks-a-thread ...that one is going to come back to haunt you, one day...
Old 01-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #43
Cady Goldfield
United_States

"What? ME hijack a thread? Never!"

-- (Ms.) Cady Goldfield
Old 01-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #44
Neil Mick
Talking Re: Things People would NEVER Say

Quote:
Cady Goldfield wrote:
"What? ME hijack a thread? Never!"

-- (Ms.) Cady Goldfield
Hmm...now, that's a recursive conundrum. So, if someone quotes a person in a thread called "Things People would NEVER Say:" what about when a person quotes himself??

ISN'T HE THEREBY SAYING IT, BY QUOTING HIMSELF NOT SAYING IT??

Gad, man, you'll have me up half the night!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:37 PM   #45
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Tongue Re: Things People would NEVER Say

"Oh, of course I've known all along that Cady Goldfield is a woman, not a man."

-- Neil Mick
Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #46
Mike Sigman
United_States

Oh god.... so many potentially great one-liners going to waste right here.

Mike
Old 01-28-2007, 09:47 PM   #47
Cady Goldfield
United_States

"I've always been one to keep potentially inflammatory one-liners to myself, and I will continue to do so."

-- Mike Sigman

Old 01-29-2007, 05:22 AM   #48
Guilty Spark

United_States

Quote:
This thread was supposed to be a humorous, lighthearted one about things people (celebrities, forum members, political figures, et al.)
My friend, I think it was apparent to EVERYONE just exactly how this thread would pan out. Passive agressive-ish attacks on one another.
The shift from snipes against politicians and celebrities to snipes against forum members could be counted in what, minutes?

If you're hungry, keep moving.
If you're tired, keep moving.
If you value you're life, keep moving.

You don't own what you can't defend
Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #49
Amir Krause
Dojo: Shirokan Dojo / Tel Aviv Israel
Israel

Quote:
Neil Mick wrote:
Yeah, we saw it the first time. The first time it was mildly funny...the second time, it was getting old.

Now here we are on time no. 3.
Neil Mick regarding any joke about him
Old 01-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #50
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States

Oh lighten up and enjoy the humor! I think someone had me spot on!

Best,
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!