Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #1
ivobear

Dojo: ivrea (torino)
Italy
Ciao ...

Ciao ... ... hem hi to all ...
... I am italian and I start aikido still 20 years ago, I got 2nd dan in 2004's summer (litle bit slower ... ). My principale teachers are Tada, Hosokawa, Fujimoto and a 6th dan (aikikai) italian teacher Zucco.
Please sorry by my englesh, it is not my usal language, I work in it and my englesh has less vocabolary then I need ... then I could use strang word, plese I do not wont to hurt any one, understand my difficult.
I will read many in this forum but sorry if I write very few, some times I understand a topic after had read the answers, some time I do not understand the answer and I ask my self if I actually undersand the question ...
In any case I am at disposal to give any information you need on aikido in italy, yes I know that I do not know (all), but I can try to foun the solution or a solutor for you.
... last, is there any other guy from italy?

Ciao ciao (bye bye), ivobear.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
MikeLogan

United_States
Re: Ciao ...

Benvenuto!
That is all the italian I know, but welcome anyhow! Not bad for writing in a second language, pretty good actually.
michael.

Last edited by MikeLogan : 08-08-2006 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #3
ian

Dojo: University of Ulster, Coleriane

Ciao Ivo, ho scritto multe parole ma le ho perse. Ho un poco di Italiano, ma anche sono un schemino. Spero che questa e facile per capire! Ho pensato che e troppo caldo in Italia per aikido, non e piu meglio da sedere nella spiaggia? Il tuo inglese a multo bene. Mi piace Aikiweb, ma qualche volte ci sono discussioni grandi che sono un saco di merde.

Ci parliamo a piu tardi!

Ian

---understanding aikido is understanding the training method---
Old 08-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Mike Logan wrote:
Benvenuto! ...
Thank you michael for your "benvenuto" ...
hemm ... ... thank you also for compliment ...

Ciao ciao (bye bye ), ivobear.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #5
akiy

Hi Ivo,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:59 AM   #6
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Ian Dodkins wrote:
Ciao Ivo ...
Ciao Ian, very happy to reed something in italian ... some errors but redeable.
Yes, in summer time it's too hot, we have a summer camp in july in La Spezia, is it pterry goot to make thin ... ... but in winter you can train without problem, in north (i live in notrh) often we have heating system in dojos.
In italy we have a big luky, (only about aikkai association) Tada sensei has the 9th dan and he is our didatical director, Hosokawa (now stoped by an ictus) and Fujimoto, both vice didattical director have the 7th dan and few itelan (4 or 5 if I'm right) with 6th dan. Think in italy we are some more then 52 milions, make a confront with other coutrys and you can see we have a very hight hombu dojo instructor density ...
About discussion not so intresting that happen every where ... some body wrote some where "shit happen" ... ... please don't hotting, i'm joke ...

see you later Ian

Last edited by ivobear : 08-08-2006 at 09:06 AM.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #7
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote:
Hi Ivo,
Welcome to AikiWeb...
Thank you jun, happy to join it ..

Last edited by ivobear : 08-08-2006 at 09:05 AM.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #8
RoyK
Dojo: Nishin Kan
Israel

Quote:
Ivo Nasso wrote:
Ciao Ian, very happy to reed something in italian ... some errors but redeable.
Yes, in summer time it's too hot, we have a summer camp in july in La Spezia, is it pterry goot to make thin ... ... but in winter you can train without problem, in north (i live in notrh) often we have heating system in dojos.
In italy we have a big luky, (only about aikkai association) Tada sensei has the 9th dan and he is our didatical director, Hosokawa (now stoped by an ictus) and Fujimoto, both vice didattical director have the 7th dan and few itelan (4 or 5 if I'm right) with 6th dan. Think in italy we are some more then 52 milions, make a confront with other coutrys and you can see we have a very hight hombu dojo instructor density ...
About discussion not so intresting that happen every where ... some body wrote some where "shit happen" ... ... please don't hotting, i'm joke ...

see you later Ian
Hey Ivo, I live in Israel, which have fairly cheap airfares to Italy, do you think a person who doesn't know a word in Italian could come to the Summer Camp, or is it out of the question? It sounds really interesting, I'd absolutely love an Aikido summer camp abroad, what more, in a beautiful country like Italy that I love so much!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Roy Klein wrote:
Hey Ivo, I live in Israel, which have fairly cheap airfares to Italy, do you think a person who doesn't know a word in Italian could come to the Summer Camp, or is it out of the question? It sounds really interesting, I'd absolutely love an Aikido summer camp abroad, what more, in a beautiful country like Italy that I love so much!
Ciao Roy, I am very sorry but the summer camp in italy had done (for this year), there is a photo report heare http://www.aikikai.it/aikinosu/aikid...06/Cronaca.htm, yes, I know is in italian but you can see the photo.
Generraly it is sceduled in last 2 weeks of july, first one is kinorenma (somthink almost spiritual way teach from Tada sensei) the next one is the international summer camp. For both weeks there are no federation limitation, it is possible a 10% price increase for not aikikai assosiation, but many guys come from germany, swiss and est europe.
You can see information in www.aikikai.it in "raduni" page, it is in italian but me or the contact in site could give you all infomation you need if you will come in next years.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #10
raul rodrigo
Philippines

An Italian 4th dan who is a student of Tada named Giovanni Capanelli practices here with us in Manila. He has a Tada juku dojo here. Someone you know?
Old 08-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #11
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Raul Rodrigo wrote:
An Italian 4th dan who is a student of Tada named Giovanni Capanelli practices here with us in Manila. He has a Tada juku dojo here. Someone you know?
Ciao Raul, .. giovann capanelli ... mumble mumble ...
mhmm ... I do not remember this name, it is possible I met him in italy at Tada sensei stages (sorry meeting) ...
Did he come in italy often ?

Old 08-21-2006, 03:09 AM   #12
Abasan
Dojo: Aiki Shoshinkan, Aiki Kenkyukai
Malaysia

Welcome Ivo... by the way is that a typical Italian name? I mean, all I had to go on before was the footballers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles you know...

Draw strength from stillness. Learn to act without acting. And never underestimate a samurai cat.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:13 AM   #13
raul rodrigo
Philippines

He goes back to Italy every summer, and sometimes trains with Fujimoto and Hosokawa. But he's spent most of the past 15 years in Asia, in Japan for his PhD and then in Manila with the Asian Development Bank.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:52 AM   #14
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Raul Rodrigo wrote:
He goes back to Italy every summer, and sometimes trains with Fujimoto and Hosokawa. But he's spent most of the past 15 years in Asia, in Japan for his PhD and then in Manila with the Asian Development Bank.
I see ... I think I met him on the tatami, but never got a real presentaton, I will pay attention in next summers to have a deep knowing.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:01 AM   #15
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Ahmad Abas wrote:
Welcome Ivo... by the way is that a typical Italian name? I mean, all I had to go on before was the footballers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles you know...
Ciao Ahmad, thank you for welcome ...
Actually "ivo" is an italin name but there are no many ivo in italy it is a translation of the franch yves like yves montant (franch actor)...
Sorry for my englesh, but I am not sure to understand your last sentens, OK it's a joke but I do not understand it ... I have to learn better english but work, family and Aikido got my time ... ;oP

Old 08-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #16
CitoMaramba

Dojo: Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui Group Philippines
Philippines

Quote:
Ivo Nasso wrote:
Ciao Ahmad, thank you for welcome ...
Actually "ivo" is an italin name but there are no many ivo in italy it is a translation of the franch yves like yves montant (franch actor)...
Sorry for my englesh, but I am not sure to understand your last sentens, OK it's a joke but I do not understand it ... I have to learn better english but work, family and Aikido got my time ... ;oP
Bon giorno, Ivo

Ahmad is referring to these guys:

Their names are Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo
I don't know if any of them do Aikido... Donatello might do some kind of Aiki-Jo
Old 08-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #17
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Cito Maramba wrote:
...Their names are Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo
I don't know if any of them do Aikido... Donatello might do some kind of Aiki-Jo
I see ... then you think that if the ninja turtles have italian artist name then they could be come from italy ???
Thank you cito, now I understand the joke ...

Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #18
CitoMaramba

Dojo: Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui Group Philippines
Philippines

Prego, Ivo

Belated congratulations on winning the World Cup

Would really love to go to Italy for Tada Shihan's Summer Camp. The last time i was in Italy was almost twenty years ago... Maybe it's time for a return visit..

Ciao!
Old 08-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #19
ivobear

Italy

Quote:
Cito Maramba wrote:
Belated congratulations on winning the World Cup
Thank you, but I'm not a winner, I don't play soccer ... and I don't like it so much ...
In last time soccer in italy envolve more news paper and low rooms then soccer field ...
Quote:
Cito Maramba wrote:
Would really love to go to Italy for Tada Shihan's Summer Camp. The last time i was in Italy was almost twenty years ago... Maybe it's time for a return visit..
wow ... you are wellcome ... tell me when you will come, if family and work allow I can traning with you ...

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.