Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-15-2006, 04:01 AM   #1
Keith Gotschall
Dojo: Yama Dojo
United_States
Cool Fresh Gi

Hi everyone, my name is Keith and I am new to Aikido, having spent the last 6-7 months training here in the UK. I am actually American, and came to England to marry my very own English rose. It's a common enough story out of Hollywood, a guy finally comes to peace with the idea that he won't find the "right one" and is living his life in his own way... then WHAM, a blue bolt out of the ether upsets he whole idea of reality. In my case her name is Catherine. WE are both training with Banyu Hatten Aikido, recently affiliated with Yuishinkai, and we both love it. Completely addicted. (I know I have found the "right one". When I rolled over in my sleep the other night my wife woke with a start, "Did I just do Ikkyo on you? I was dreaming that I was" ha, how cool is that!) I had always wanted to check out Aikido, and living right next to our instructor has turned out to be one of many perks of my new life.
I am living here in the UK until we get visas for my new wife and her daughter, then we will all move back to Colorado. I live in a small community called Salida, about 2.5 hours from Denver. I hope to continue training once home, but until then I will go as far as I can while here with my new friends. In two weeks time we grade for Orange belts.
I am a wood worker, and in particular a wood turner. Traveling is part of my job, as I do demos and teaching all over the states. I hope to visit as many of you as possible. Who knows, if we start a small dojo in Salida, maybe you can visit us there! It's situated at 7,000 feet, with mountains all around. Gorgeous, but not much oxygen!
Peace to you all, Keith
Old 08-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #2
akiy

Re: Fresh Gi

Hi Keith,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
CitoMaramba

Dojo: Dangayan Singkaw Aikido Shinzui Group Philippines
Philippines

Hello Keith, nice to see you here! I trained with you and Catherine at Plymouth College a few weeks ago. Hope to train with you again soon!

-- Cito
Old 08-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #4
Keith Gotschall
United_States

Hi Cito! Great to hear from you. We both enjoyed training with you and look forward to visiting in Plymouth again soon. I will be going to Colorado for a month, but Catherine hopes to make it down to see you guys during that time.
We just had our grading on Sunday, and we are now orange belts! Last night we had our first look at the 3rd kyu syllabus, which looks staggering, but I realize it's not. Some pretty neat moves coming into play.
We will see you soon! cheers, Keith
Old 08-29-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
CitoMaramba

Philippines

Congratulations to you and Catherine! Omedeto gozaimasu! Yes, it does seem to get more daunting as you go along, but it also gets a lot more fun!
Have a safe trip to Colorado and hope to see (and train) with you again soon!

Cito
Old 08-31-2006, 02:04 AM   #6
Keith Gotschall
United_States

Thanks Cito, we will definetly cross path (and swords?) again soon.
We were interupted in our conversation when we met.... you seemed to know about Boulder and Colorado in general, have you been there? Did you go to school in the States? Where have you trained the most? How did you end up in Plymouth?
Enjoy the autumnal weather, see you soon. Keith
Old 08-31-2006, 03:05 AM   #7
CitoMaramba

Philippines

Yes Keith, hopefully we can do some buki-waza (bokken and jo) next time we train. I was a bit envious of the dan grades doing bokken work whilst we carried on with our taijutsu (hehehe).
The other questions are best answered over a pint of the fine liquid stuff they have over here (name your poison ). I hope we have a chance to do that soon!
-- Cito

Please visit our sponsor:

Budo Bear Patterns - Sewing pattern for Women's (and Men's) dogi.