Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
aikilove1
Dojo: Ten Shin Kan
Wink Greetings from Scotland

Hi everyone,

Just getting back into Aikido after a short break of a couple of years, due to my loathful job! Got a new easier stress free job now though which will allow me to get back into some proper training so thought i would get the ball rolling by registering with the AikiWeb, the glorious source of information!

I started aikido nearly 10 years ago and been with the same club in Aberdeen, Scotland for what must be 9 years now, only been there sporadically the past couple of years due to the extra work responsibilities, but looking forward to getting back into it again, I've even treated myself to a new bokken! Whehey!
I suppose the break from aikido made me realise that lifes not the same without aikido, i suppose once you get it ingrained it becomes a part of you.

My school is Ten Shin Kan (Heaven Mind School) which is under the Aikido Research Federation directed by Shihan Mick Sheridan (6th dan) in Staffordshire England. My direct instructor is Sensei Neil Brown (4th dan) here in Aberdeen to whom i am most grateful for my years of training and guidence.

I like the philosophy of the Aikido Research Federation as their attitude is to research and explore all styles of aikido and assosiated Japanese arts without any stylistic bias towards other groups in the true the spirit of O'Sensei.

Aikido is part of one family regardless of style or system and i hope to be able to train with some of you respectable budoka's in the future and continue on the path of learning!

Paul
Old 04-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
akiy

Re: Greetings from Scotland

Hi Paul,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
James Davis

Dojo: Ft. Myers School of Aikido
United_States

Paul, you found a stress-free job?!

Congratulations, and welcome to aikiweb.

"The only difference between Congress and drunken sailors is that drunken sailors spend their own money." -Tom Feeney, representative from Florida
Old 04-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
Michael O'Brien
Dojo: Nashville Aikikai
United_States

Paul,

Welcome to AikiWeb from Nashville, Tn.

Harmony does not mean that there are no conflicts,
for the dynamic spiral of existence embraces both extremes.

Please visit our sponsor:

Aikido of Northern VA Seminars - Doran-sensei in Northern Virginia, March 2015