Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-19-2006, 01:03 AM   #1
batemanb

Dojo: Seibukan Aikido UK
IE& - Internet Explorer cannot display t

Hi Jun,

I've just installed IE7 and am having problems with Aikiweb. I can log onto the main forum page, but after that, every link comes back with a page saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". If I then do Ctrl+F5 the page refreshes and displays, but each subsequent link always errors first. This has only started happening since the upgrade, but is only happening with Aikiweb, I use other forums OK. I have reported it to the Microsoft Beta team, but thought I'd let you know too, in case anyone else is having/ has had the same issue.

thanks

Bryan

A difficult problem is easily solved by asking yourself the question, "Just how would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
Old 05-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
siwilson
Dojo: Kenshinkai Yoshinkan Aikido
England
Re: IE& - Internet Explorer cannot display t

My advice to all is that there are serious problems with IE7, so hold off upgrading just now.

If you need any evidence, then just look at the fact that you cannot find Oulook Express in the upgrade!!!!!!!!

Osu!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
Jerry Miller

United_States
Thumbs up Re: IE& - Internet Explorer cannot display t

Well in the meantime get firefox if you do not have it.

Jerry Miller
Old 05-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #4
Michael Meister
Dojo: South Hetton
United Kingdom

Quote:
Gerard Miller wrote:
Well in the meantime get firefox if you do not have it.
I'm thinking on replacing that one, crashes to often, and can't be restarted thereafter.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:28 AM   #5
batemanb

Quote:
Si Wilson wrote:
My advice to all is that there are serious problems with IE7, so hold off upgrading just now.

I do understand that it is a beta version, but since I work for a software company and we need people to help out in beta programs.........

A difficult problem is easily solved by asking yourself the question, "Just how would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
Old 05-20-2006, 03:02 AM   #6
Jim ashby
Dojo: Phoenix Coventry

...Instead of paying for proper research and testing like every other industry sector (except software) has to, in order to put a fully functioning product out into the marketplace.
Sorry Bryan!

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 05-20-2006, 03:03 AM   #7
Jerry Miller

United_States

Not that many crashes here. Starts fine for me.

Jerry Miller
Old 05-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #8
batemanb

Quote:
James Ashby wrote:
...Instead of paying for proper research and testing like every other industry sector (except software) has to, in order to put a fully functioning product out into the marketplace.
Sorry Bryan!

Hi Jim,

Not wanting to digress the thread, but the company I work for has a very intensive test program before we get round to beta. The problem is, you can only plan so many regression tests, there are still things people do in practice that you can't cater for in testing. These only come to light later.

Having said that, an internet browser is not nearly as complex as our application. But, all I was saying is that I understand it is not up to spec because it is a beta. My issue is that it only has problems here at Aikiweb so I thought I'd flag it for Jun in case he has already been working on something, or in case others were experiencing the same.

Are still coming down to MK occasionally? I haven't met up with the Stony guys for over a year now.

regards

Bryan

Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 AM   #9
Jim ashby
Dojo: Phoenix Coventry

Couldn't resist the dig Bryan as the company I work for are just going through a 14 week FIRA test on a new product, which has to be completed before we can even launch the thing to the trade!!
Back on thread, I don't use IE, been on firefox now for two years at least, never any problems.
Back off thread (lol) I haven't been to Stony for a while, I'm off the mat waiting for a laminectomy and spinal fusion C4/C5 (I have a "slipped disc" in my neck).
Once the bolts are in place, I'll be back!!
Have fun.

Vir Obesus Stola Saeptus
Old 05-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #10
akiy

Hi Bryan,

I'll see if I have any time to do some testing using IE7. No guarantees since I'm pretty short on time these days, plus we're talking about beta software. I'll let you know.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 06-28-2006, 01:13 AM   #11
batemanb

Hi Jun,

A bit more on this. I cleared out my browser cache/ temporary files/ history etc. When I come back to the site, I can browse threads fine without the error. If I then log back into the site, the errors start. If I log out and the cookie is removed, everything goes back fine again. Log back in the errors come back etc.

From that, I would normally look at it being an issues with the browser, but I can't figure out why it's just this site. I'm still not having any issues with any other site?

Rgds
Bryan