Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 09-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #1
RichGar
United_States
Ai symbol A warm Howdy from a native Texan

Howdy, I'm Richard and live in Texas. Although I'm not a practitioner of your art form, I am a martial artist. I'm here because Of O'sensei whom i have read about in many of my books. He captured my interest because of his philosophy and spirituality and not so much his art form. after many years of study I've opened the door to that level of consciousness. I'm very much in the threshold but the door has opened to me.
A little long winded aren't I?
Old 09-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #2
akiy

Re: A warm Howdy from a native Texan

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums! There seems to be a good number of people from Texas here!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 09-09-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
JMCavazos
Dojo: Aikido Center of South Texas
United_States

Richard,
What part of Texas are you from?
Old 09-09-2004, 09:43 PM   #4
Richard Elliott

hello Richard

I was born in a little east Texas town Trinity, on the Trinity River. I remember going out skiing, swinging on the river vines and messin with the alligators a time or two. Would you know a James Fields? Tae Kwon Do.

seek and you will, baby, seek and you will find.

Respectfully, Richard
Old 09-11-2004, 07:47 AM   #5
RichGar
United_States

It's a big state, with lots of people. It was suggested, several times, that it should be broken up into five or six sections and create that many more states.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:12 AM   #6
John Boswell

Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States

Never!

Well, welcome Richard! But scratch that idea of breaking up Texas. Like the ad's say,"It's a whole other country!"

Though Texas is rather large, that's part of what makes Texas... TEXAS! Never caught where you were from. I'm in Midland, which is west Texas near the panhandle. How about yourself?

By the way, you mention that you found O'Sensei through your philosophy studies. Was it through one of his books or did someone refer you to him? There's a story there I'm sure, and I'd like to hear it if you feel like sharing.

Welcome to Web!

Old 09-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #7
RichGar
United_States

As a student of ancient Okinawan Karate, under the tutelage of Taika Seyu Oyata who resides in Independence MO., One can't help to run into the spirituality of O'sensei. O'sensei is one of the portals that one enters if the spiritual side of the martial arts is to be contemplated. Every martial art has as its highest level of movement with no movement. He pursued this method until he became movement with no movement. And as history may have it he may also be the last to achieve it.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:37 AM   #8
RichGar
United_States

Arlington. It is nested between Fort Worth to the West, and Dallsa to the East. It's a town of about 360 thousand.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
nikkig
United_States

Hello Richard,

I know James Fields. I took Tae Kwon Do from him at the Korean Karate Academy in Trinity for several years. I think I remember you.

Nikki

Quote:
Richard Elliott wrote: View Post
hello Richard

I was born in a little east Texas town Trinity, on the Trinity River. I remember going out skiing, swinging on the river vines and messin with the alligators a time or two. Would you know a James Fields? Tae Kwon Do.

seek and you will, baby, seek and you will find.