Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
AikiWeb System
Aikido for Veterans Seminar, Boulder CO, 8/10-8/12/2012

Posted 2012-07-18 12:43:39 by David Drake
News URL: http://www.aikidoforveterans.org

Boulder Aikikai is hosting a free weekend seminar August 10-12 for military veterans to introduce them to the power of harmony through Aikido practice. The seminar is free; both for veterans and Aikidoka. Please register and show your support by training with the veterans. We encourage all those who wish to attend to sign-up at: www.aikidoforveterans.org

Old 07-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Fred Little
Dojo: NJIT Budokai
United_States
Re: Aikido for Veterans Seminar, Boulder CO, 8/10-8/12/2012

To Whom It May Concern:

The referenced website does not seem to load at all in Microsoft Explorer and the connection times out in Mozilla Firefox.

The front page loads (very slowly) in Chrome, but an attempt to click through the menu to the Instructors section resulted in a Error 404.

Good luck!

FL

Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
SeiserL

United_States

As an old Army grunt and an old Aikidoka, I so wish I was available to attend.

Perhaps next time.

Compliments and appreciation to the organizers.

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States

Quote:
Fred Little wrote: View Post
To Whom It May Concern:

The referenced website does not seem to load at all in Microsoft Explorer and the connection times out in Mozilla Firefox.

The front page loads (very slowly) in Chrome, but an attempt to click through the menu to the Instructors section resulted in a Error 404.

Good luck!

FL
I have accessed this site from home on Firefox as well as MS Explorer with no issues - and, I am currently on my boat and connected to the internet via a different provider and still have no issues with Firefox nor Explorer - maybe something in your security settings of your browser or with your internet provider causing your problems, Fred.

As a retired military veteran from the Vietnam era, I think what these guys are doing is fantastic!

Greg
Old 07-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
Fred Little
Dojo: NJIT Budokai
United_States

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
I have accessed this site from home on Firefox as well as MS Explorer with no issues - and, I am currently on my boat and connected to the internet via a different provider and still have no issues with Firefox nor Explorer - maybe something in your security settings of your browser or with your internet provider causing your problems, Fred.

As a retired military veteran from the Vietnam era, I think what these guys are doing is fantastic!

Greg
Greg--

It works through my commercial provider just fine! Ah the perils of employment at an institution with extensive defense research grants....

What I couldn't see there...but can see here....is the concentration of veterans instructing, which is the critical key element I first wondered about, and a very good sign.

Best of luck to all involved.

FL

Old 07-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States

Quote:
Fred Little wrote: View Post
Greg--

It works through my commercial provider just fine! Ah the perils of employment at an institution with extensive defense research grants....

FL
Ah, Defense networks! - I am very familiar with them being as my militarily background is in communications - they have firewalls for their firewalls as routine - and of course, there is the classified stuff we all can't talk about as well on top of that

Greg
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
ken king
United_States

This is a great idea. i would love to attend, but the cost of travel and lodging is too much for a poor recently seperated soldier. I still carry around a psychological burden from my time in the sand box and the years of dealing with it have taken it's toll for sure. Aikido helps though, and for that i'm glad. Thanks for what you're doing, i hope you can help some other vets deal with their issues through aiki.