Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Introductions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-04-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
bearclanbrother
Dojo: Katsu Jin Ken Dojo, Prescott
United_States
Hello from Show Low, Arizona

I have just moved to Show Low about a month ago, I studied in Prescott, AZ at the Katsu-jen-ken dojo for just over a year. I miss the dojo and the friends that I made there. Show Low does not have an Aikido dojo but they do have a Tai Kwan Do dojo but I, at times, feel hesitant about that. Anyway I have visited this site several times and finally decided to say "Hi". Thank you
Bennett Lacapa
Old 08-04-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
aikidoc
Dojo: Aikido of Midland
United_States
Re: Hello from Show Low, Arizona

Welcome Bennett. My grandmother used to live in Show Low and Snowflake area and I have visited the area and rode mountain bikes to see the sink holes. Been a long time though.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
akiy

Hi Bennett,

Welcome to AikiWeb and thank you for your introduction!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 08-04-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
Brad Darr
Dojo: Aikido of Flagstaff/Seibukan Aikido Kobe
United_States

Hi Bennett,
We may have met sometime, my name is Brad and I train in Flagstaff. Anyway several months ago we had a visitor from Show Low who was teaching out of a YMCA or something like that I can't remember exactly. Anyway I think they may still be there you may want to look around at different places to see. I think the instructor's name was Larry and he and one of his students have visited a couple times over the past year or so. Anyway again look around just because there isn't a "dojo" doesn't mean there isn't any aikido.

Brad Darr

the edges of the sword are life and death
no one knows which is which
-Ikkyu Sojun
Old 08-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #5
bearclanbrother
Dojo: Katsu Jin Ken Dojo, Prescott
United_States

Thank you Brad. My sensei told me just about the same thing "Practice; pay attention, be aware, be consistent, maintain the context.
With these qualities you will progress in the Way." this was in reference to my physical practice.I have been and will continue looking. Thank you
Bennett