Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-15-2005, 02:32 AM   #1
ALine Filipe
Dojo: Academia Portuguesa de Aikido
Portugal
Confused Ushi deshi?? Aikikai or Iwama Ryo?

I there...

I'm quite rookie in this parade (and my english is quite a mess) so i'll be as fast as i can...

i know there's a system at Iwama where we can come and stay as ushi deshi for a couple of days... but i'm from Aikikai and i don't know if my graduation is belived by the other organization... my question is... Does Aikikai use the same system?

my problem isn't my granduation. I've done a seminars with Hitohiro Saito and i've loved specially the bukiwaza... at the class of aikijutsu i saw that there're few differences (which i liked some of them) but what i like the most is the one from Aikikai...

i'd like, if could, to be an ushi deshi of both but someone told me that i can't be in 2 sides at the both time... that person sure is right but there's something in my mind that says not to hear everyone... I'd like to learn from both sides.

I know if i want to do it all i'll finished doing nothing but my dreams are a bit messy cause i don't know where to turn...

ps. i hope you understand what i've said...
Old 06-15-2005, 03:36 AM   #2
grondahl
Dojo: Stockholms Aikidoklubb
Sweden
Re: Ushi deshi?? Aikikai or Iwama Ryo?

For information regarding Uchideshi at Tanrenkan Dojo (H.Saito)
Http://www.iwamasaito.com
Http://www.ibaraki-bryan.blogspot.com
http://www.aikishuren.net/page/154/157/587

But you can also stay as uchideshi and train for Hiroaki Nemoto Sensei. I attended his seminar in Göteborg a couple of weeks ago and got a very nice impression of him.
http://www.aiki-shuren-dojo.com/main...ki_Nemoto.html
http://www.aikishuren.net/page/152/152/59
http://www13.big.or.jp/~aikikai/

*Edit*
It´s not possible to train at both the Tanrenkan Dojo and the Aikikai Ibaragi Branch Dojo.

Last edited by grondahl : 06-15-2005 at 03:41 AM.