Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Announcements & Feedback

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 04-16-2001, 04:27 PM   #1
akiy

Hi everyone,

Well, it took a lot longer than I expected, but the AikiWeb Forums are now back up!

I've done the "usual" round of error checking and such, but since the Forums are now so large and has so many features, it's very difficult to say that everything is perfect. Things that may be a bit wacky still include the look and feel of the Forums under Netscape, consistent elements throughout all of the pages, and other things that may crop up.

So, if you do find anything that's odd with the board, please let me know here in this thread and I'll try my best to address it as soon as I can.

Otherwise, let me know if any of the new features need explanation and I'll do my best to explain.

In any case, welcome back folks!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 04-16-2001, 04:57 PM   #2
Jim23
Hi Jun,

Glad to see things up and running again. I can't wait to check out the changes that you've made.

Looks like I'm the first one here.

Cheers!

Jim23

Remember, all generalizations are false
Old 04-16-2001, 05:05 PM   #3
akiy

Hi folks again,

I thought I'd point out that your Profiles section has now been updated and expanded into a new User Control Panel which should be accessible at the top of each page.

The User Control Panel includes your profile, options, password settings, buddy/ignore lists, and private messaging(!) tools and has been expanded quite a bit.

For example, the Profile section now includes separate fields for your first and last names which are required as well as optional fields for information such as your location, dojo, interests, and your birthday.

I'll try to write up some information on the new features when I get time -- which will most likely not be until I get back from training tonight in a little bit!

Enjoy,

-- Jun

PS: Thanks, Jim!

Old 04-16-2001, 05:47 PM   #4
Nick
United_States
Whew... finally, something to do after school... thanks Jun, new forum looks great!

Nick
Old 04-16-2001, 10:22 PM   #5
akiy

Thanks, Nick -- I appreciate it.

I just tweaked the server so that people with newer browsers (eg I think Internet Explorer 4.0+ and Netscape 4.04+) should see a speed increase of sometimes up to 1000% (for compressible pages, that is) as well. This speed increase should apply to the rest of AikiWeb as well...

-- Jun