Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
AikiWeb System
Seishiro Endo Shihan to Washington, DC region, 10/30-10/31/2010

Posted 2010-08-26 07:31:59 by asim hanif
News URL: http://www.capitalaikikai.org/seminar/

Seishiro Endo Shihan 8th Dan Hombu Dojo/Saku Dojo will be returning to the Washington,DC area Oct 30-31 for a weekend seminar to be held at Georgetown Prep.
This is his second visit to the area and is once again being hosted by Capital Aikikai (Clyde Takeguchi Shihan).
All affiliations are of course welcome. Info posted on the Capital Aikikai website here as well as on Facebook here

Old 08-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
aikishihan
Dojo: aikido academy/alhambra,california
United_States
Re: Seishiro Endo Shihan to Washington, DC region, 10/30-10/31/2010

Endo Shihan's unique and amazing instruction is not to be missed by serious students of Aiki from all styles.

Together with Takeguchi Shihan, it doesn't get better than this!
Old 08-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
edshockley
Dojo: Aiklikai of Philadelphia

I watch films of him almost daily and am eager to enjoy his instruction.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom

I concur with the comments thus far; I really want him to visit the UK.

I know he's visiting France early next year, and I might have to make an attempt to go and see him - his aikido really is the epitome of what I want to do.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Carsten Möllering

Dojo: Hildesheimer Aikido Verein
Germany

Quote:
Graham Jenkins wrote: View Post
I know he's visiting France early next year, and I might have to make an attempt to go and see him .
He is also in Germany every summer.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom

Quote:
Carsten Möllering wrote: View Post
He is also in Germany every summer.
Really?! You bastards! I wish he came to England every summer...
I'm attending a weekend course in Manchester with Yamashima sensei this weekend - I believe he was a fellow student of Yamaguchi senei...?

When i've got some money and stability in my life, i'll have to see about getting a ferry over to Germany and seeing him; I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of Germany, either (I love the language - and Rammstein).

Perhaps I could somehow see if he'd mind popping over to England for the weekend while he's in Europe...?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:54 AM   #7
Carsten Möllering

Germany

Quote:
Graham Jenkins wrote: View Post
Yamashima sensei this weekend - I believe he was a fellow student of Yamaguchi senei...?
Yes. He will be in Hamburg in September.

Quote:
Perhaps I could somehow see if he'd mind popping over to England for the weekend while he's in Europe...?
Well, I think he's got only little time ... ;-)
Is there a student of him in England, who could invite him?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom

Quote:
Yes. He will be in Hamburg in September.

Well, I think he's got only little time ... ;-)
I've just finished my weekend course with Yamashima sensei; he's very good - and seems like a very nice guy, too. I'll be attending another one of his classes tomorrow evening.

I don't know of anybody in England who has studied under Endo sensei in Japan - I know somebody who has travelled to see him many times when he's in Europe, though...
I guess if I can't sort anything out, i'll have to hope I can travel to see him in Germany in the summer: I really do think his aikido is exactly what I am looking for.

And the bloopers from his DVD are pretty funny.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #9
Alex Megann
Dojo: Southampton Aikikai
United Kingdom

Quote:
Actually Endo Sensei has been to England before! He gave a wonderful weekend course in Birmingham in 2003. Cath Davies of the UKA organised this visit, and has had connections with Endo Sensei for a few years. Perhaps you could persuade her to ask him back?

Here's Cath's webpage:

http://www.myoshinjuku.org.uk/cathdavies.html

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing Yamashima Sensei in Bath this Sunday - he is definitely well work seeing!

Alex
Old 09-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom

Quote:
Alex Megann wrote: View Post
Actually Endo Sensei has been to England before! He gave a wonderful weekend course in Birmingham in 2003. Cath Davies of the UKA organised this visit, and has had connections with Endo Sensei for a few years. Perhaps you could persuade her to ask him back?

Here's Cath's webpage:

http://www.myoshinjuku.org.uk/cathdavies.html

Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing Yamashima Sensei in Bath this Sunday - he is definitely well work seeing!

Alex
Thank you so much. :-)

Yeah, i'd heard he'd visited a while back. I'll ask around, and see what I can find out - and then see about e-mailing Ms Davies.

Thanks again!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
wxyzabc
England

" don't know of anybody in England who has studied under Endo sensei in Japan - I know somebody who has travelled to see him many times when he's in Europe, though..."

Hya Graham

I`ll just say a quick hello...I`m English (from Up North near Sheffield : ) and have spent most of the last 10 years here in Japan, and the last 4 at Endo Sensei`s home dojo in Saku....still out here at the moment though.
There are international seminars here a couple of times a year and we get a lot of visitors from Finland/Germany/The States etc but unfortunately hardly anyone, if no one from the UK.
One English lady comes up occasionally for these seminars from Osaka but she`s also based here in Japan.

Of people currently in the UK I`m guessing Cath Davies has probably had the most contact with this style, though 1 or 2 people from the Midlands/Manchester area I think have also travelled into Europe.

Anyway hope this helps, maybe sometime when I head back we can meet up if your in the same kind of area.

Kindest regards

Lee
Old 09-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #12
Carsten Möllering

Germany

Quote:
Lee Price wrote: View Post
... at Endo Sensei`s home dojo in Saku....still out here at the moment though. ...
Greetings.
I have a little white stone from saku here with me. A friend of mine brought it from there.

Enjoy practice!

Carsten
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
Gorgeous George
United Kingdom

Quote:
Lee Price wrote: View Post
" don't know of anybody in England who has studied under Endo sensei in Japan - I know somebody who has travelled to see him many times when he's in Europe, though..."

Hya Graham

I`ll just say a quick hello...I`m English (from Up North near Sheffield : ) and have spent most of the last 10 years here in Japan, and the last 4 at Endo Sensei`s home dojo in Saku....still out here at the moment though.
There are international seminars here a couple of times a year and we get a lot of visitors from Finland/Germany/The States etc but unfortunately hardly anyone, if no one from the UK.
One English lady comes up occasionally for these seminars from Osaka but she`s also based here in Japan.

Of people currently in the UK I`m guessing Cath Davies has probably had the most contact with this style, though 1 or 2 people from the Midlands/Manchester area I think have also travelled into Europe.

Anyway hope this helps, maybe sometime when I head back we can meet up if your in the same kind of area.

Kindest regards

Lee
Hi Lee,

I have been contemplating the possibility of going to live in Japan for time, with the aim of immersing myself in high-level aikido training - ideally at the feet of Endo sensei, if that is possible.
Right now i'm just trying to get my life together after finishing my degree, so it's nothing more than a vague idea at the moment - but perhaps we'll end up meeting in Japan...maybe i'll be able to go over just for one of the international seminars - or to catch him in Germany next summer.

Thanks a lot for the message. I'll talk to some people I know (I train in the Manchester area), and see what they think/know; I certainly don't wish to impose on Ms Davies before doing so.
I would like it very much if you were to let me know when you come back to England, and we could train together.
What grade are you - if you don't mind my asking? Where have you trained in England?

Sincerely

- Graham
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #14
AsimHanif

Here are pics to our 2007 Endo Sensei seminar (same venue: Georgetown Prep).
http://photodawg1.smugmug.com/Sports...10889750_gJYJk
Old 09-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
wxyzabc
England
Smile Re: Seishiro Endo Shihan to Washington, DC region, 10/30-10/31/2010

Graham

pm sent

Lee
Old 10-31-2010, 11:32 PM   #16
ddease2

Dojo: Kimusubi Aikido Orlando
United_States

Just got home from DC. Legs and butt are killing me....but, oh, the memories.

This year was very special. Around 200 participants, from Canada to Europe, from California to Florida. What GREAT energy and very few egos...

Thank you Capital Aikikai for hosting this wonderful event. Thank you, Sensei, for what you do....

The Orlando dojo is looking forward to next year already!

Dan
www.cfaikido.com
Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #17
DanielR

This was a great seminar. Many thanks to Capital Aikikai and everyone who contributed to making it possible!

I hope it is appropriate to make a "save the date" announcement here about an upcoming seminar with one of Endo Shihan's senior students: Jan Nevelius Sensei of Vanadis Aikido Dojo, Stockholm, Sweden, who has just completed a round of seminars in the Bay Area and Seattle, will be conducting a weekend seminar in New York City on March 11-13 (for more information: info@aikidointheschools.com), and another weekend seminar in New Orleans on March 18-20 (for more information: dojo@nolaaikido.com). Please click here for the flyer on Scribd.