Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Seminars

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
PeterKang
Dojo: YMCA aikido club KL
Malaysia
Talking Tamura shihan friendship seminar

Greetings,
I have just returned from Tamura shihan's friendship seminar in Singapore where both Tamura shihan and Fukakusa shihan from Thailand taught from December 4-6, 2006. I would like to convey my sincere thanks to George Chang sensei and his students for all their hard work in making the seminar happen. After several years of attending the various seminars in Asia and watching Tamura shihan teach, I finally got my opportunity to take ukemi from him. It was better than I had imagined.

After Tamura shihan taught his class, Fukakusa shihan taught the following sessions, reviewing what Tamura sensei demonstrated. Both demonstrated how the way of the sword and aikido are closely related to each other.

There were people from a variety of different countries who attended the seminar, France, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand and Australia to name a few. I hope that George Chang sensei will host another friendship seminar with Tamura shihan in the near future. I am so glad that I attended the seminar. I understand that Tamura shihan has taught seminars all over the world and to some I suppose it might no longer be a novelty to attend his class. I did sense that he truly enjoyed teaching aikido and especially loved teaching children.

If a repeat event ever occurs again in the region, I would highly recommend attending.

Yours in aiki

Peter
Old 12-08-2006, 07:31 AM   #2
po_courcelles

Dojo: Agatsu Aikido de Montréal
Canada
Re: Tamura shihan friendship seminar

Tamura Shihan and Yamada Shihan are going to hold a seminar in Montreal on May 19-20. I can't wait ! This is surely going to be crowded!

The only drawback of these seminars is when you get only one sq. foot to train...

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
--- Albert Einstein