Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-02-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
Henning Ulseth

Dojo: Stavanger Aikido School
Norway
Do symbol Seminar and grading

Greetings all

This weekend I attended my first Aikido-seminar and had my very first grading. And it was all incredibly enjoyable. We had Mouliko Halen Sensei(6th Dan Aikikai) and at first I was very nervous about meeting and training with him. However, it took about 2 minutes into the training and from there it felt like an evolving friendship He had an incredible relaxed and positive attitude. He did'nt yell, but talked with a firmer voice when needed...and he laughed alot. Though I am in terrible shape and have absolutely no stamina, I enjoyed every training minute If any of you ever have the chance to go to one of his seminars, please do!!!
Mouliko Halen Sensei also did our gradings, and as this was my first grading I expected to be nervous and forgetfull. But when the grading started I was more worried about my uke(as she hadn't been to the seminar and had no clue about the altered techniques) then my performance. I think it helped my grading, because it took my mind of me and I was completly relaxed throughout the grading. BTW, I graded for Rokkyu(6th kyu) and passed. We all did Our club is quite new, so most of us graded for Rokkyu. However, I must admit that I feel no different now then before I passed my grade. I had an
expectation that I would since it was my first grading in any martial art. I'm not sure what I expected...but I had no joy in passing the grade. What I did enjoy was the atmosphere of training, the positive attitude of everyone involved, the laughs and the friendships that came out of it. Though my path was clear to me before, I now feel it to be stronger and more dedicated!!! So to those who question wether or not to go to a seminar... Simply

...the Key is to Do the Eye
Old 11-02-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
batemanb

Dojo: Seibukan Aikido UK
Re: Seminar and grading

I had the good fortune to partner with Mouliko in Birmingham last year when Endo Sensei came to visit. He's a very powerful chap, but very relaxed. I thoroughly enjoyed our time together.

rgds

Bryan

A difficult problem is easily solved by asking yourself the question, "Just how would the Lone Ranger handle this?"