Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > AikiWeb System

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 08-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #1
AikiWeb System
AKI Pennsylvania Seminar with Kirisawa Naoki Sensei 5th Dan

Posted 2006-08-01 20:22:57 by Steve Trinkle

AKI Pennsylvania welcomes Kirisawa Naoki Sensei, 5th dan for a special, one-day seminar on Sunday August 13 at our NEW location - Upper Dublin Sports Center, 680 Tennis Ave. Ambler, PA. We also invite all seminar attendants to participate in an aikido demonstration (the public invited) representing their dojo, at the end of the day. Seminar fee is $45. Party afterwards - (bring a towel and swimming gear). Training begins 10 AM sharp. Email Steve for more information or call 215 906-9515. Kirisawa Sensei, is the long-time mentor and guide of AKI Pennsylvania. He is one of Takeda Yoshinobu Shihan's senior students, training with him for 29 years. This special seminar is a rare opportunity for our dojo and other dedicated aikidoka. Kirisawa Sensei's traditional teaching style is simple, and straight to the point. His aikido is clear, dynamic, stunningly powerful, and great fun to experience. Please join us for this special event. Space is limited, so please let us know soon if you will attend and especially if you wish to take part in the public demonstration. (Sorry - our website won't have this info yet...)

Old 08-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
fullerfury
Dojo: North County Aikikai
United_States
Re: AKI Pennsylvania Seminar with Kirisawa Naoki Sensei 5th Dan

Thank you for putting on a great seminar. Kirisawa Sensei was a treat to train with.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States

Absolutely fantastic. Even if my neck is killing me now...

Best,
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 08-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Eric Webber
Dojo: Aikido West Reading
United_States

Thanks to Steve Trinkle and the gang from AKI for putting on a great shindig, was wonderful to be a part of the area aikidoka getting together and working out. Great classes, demo, and BBQ!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
SteveTrinkle
Dojo: Aikido Kenkyukai International
United_States

On behalf of AKI Pennsylvania I would like to express our deep thanks and respect to all of you who made the seminar with Kirisawa Sensei a wonderful experience for our members. I don't know if I should name names here, but I will anyway. Garrett Sensei, Mike & Pam Senseis, Dwayne Sensei and Nakako san, Eric Sensei; all your dojo members - thank you all so much. Our members had a fantastic time training with you and your students. Steve Sensei and his wife, who drove all the way from Richmond, VA to train with us - and drove back before I could thank them properly or even offer them a beer.... Ron - our long-time friend, without whom no AKI Pennsylvania event would be complete....

The AKI Pennsylvania members are mostly pretty new to aikido - all of you who attended offered us much more than good training together - you demonstrated for us some of the real spirit of aikido.
We saw Kirisawa Sensei off at the airport yesterday (on his way to visit AKI Santa Barbara) and we are all still buzzing from the weekend. Kirisawa Sensei also had a lot of fun and talked about how comfortable he feels in the Philadelphia area.
I don't know what to say about the enbukai. I wish there had been more people ( I was really hoping at least one TV channel would show up...) We all liked watching each dojo demonstrate. There is so much great aikido in this area - I hope that there will be a big area-wide enbukai someday. It would be a fantastic event.

...AKI Pennsylvania looks forward to Kirisawa Sensei's return. We trained together again on Monday as well and he left us with a great deal to work on over the coming months. His way of pointing out to us the very basics amazes and challenges me. ...In the meantime will plan to visit you all if it's OK. As soon as we get our photos processed and the videos edited, we'll burn copies and get them out to all of you.

This little letter can't really begin to express how deeply we feel, but thank you again, all of you.

Steve
AKI Pennsylvania
Old 08-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #6
Berney Fulcher
Dojo: Roswell Budokan
United_States

I was unavoidably detained for some family matters, so couldn't attend, and now everyone is taunting me with stories of what a good seminar it was.... I'm very sorry to have missed it!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #7
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States

We missed you too, Berney! Hope to catch you next time...

Best,
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)