Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #26
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: somebody explain me about ki

Quote:
Benjamin Edelen wrote:
Hey better yet, since the JREF million dollar prize remains unclaimed (http://www.randi.org/research/), go ahead and show me anyone in the world who has demonstrable ki abilities.
Maybe you should do a quick search of the archives and see the list of things that are considered normal ki abilities, as opposed to the woo-woo definition so many westerners assume is the definition, Benjamin. I have demonstrable ki abilities and so do a lot of people I know.

Interestingly enough, there was a sceptical book by a David Eisenberg called "Encounters with Qi" that I enjoyed and which had an anecdote near the end about the woo-woo type qi..... Eisenberg was seated in a chair facing the other way and admitted that he "felt something". However, that part of "qi" is a small part of the overall qi, even though many westerners think that's all qi/ki is.

Mike
Old 07-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #27
bkedelen

Dojo: Boulder Aikikai
United_States

Do you just not need the money?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #28
Dan Rubin
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member
United_States

Quote:
Stratos Patsakis wrote:
dan rubin nobody in the past has never teach me anything about ki!!!i live in greece and you know here martial arts are many steps behind the other contries!so i try to learn something about ki on my own!i've never imagined that something like ki exists!i may be a teacher but i also learn too!i have open mind for anything that will help me to be better as a person and as a teacher!thank you!
Stratos,

I admire your interest in learning about ki. But often the answers to our questions are right in front of us, we just don't see them. So let me re-phrase my question:

When your students ask you for a definition of the term "Hapkido," what is your answer?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #29
stratos patsakis
Greece

dan rubin my students here in greece don't care about the word ki at all!!i can't expain the word hapkido beacuse my english is bad!the word ki and anything comes with it like energy and stuff like this seems a little strange to students here.i don't know why but when i was a student i didn't care too!i beleive that i've been taught the wrong way.so it is time now ti fill the gaps!i think very seriously to find a dojo in athens and strt aikido if i find the time!i work 2 jobs beacause i save money to open my own dojo someday!i hope....!my students from little children to the older guys care only for fighting kicking and punching!maybe i teached them wrong i don't know...but i'm still young only 26 and a lot of years to come for improving my skills and teaching!it seems so strange to you that i don't know anyhting about ki?i feel lucky that the book ki in daily life of master TOHEI'S fell in my hands!and something else....i love martial arts more than my life and i want to teach the right way i'm nit just passing by because i have nothing else to do!don't misunderstood me beacuse i don't know anything about ki!thank you very much for helping me!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:54 PM   #30
Dan Rubin
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member
United_States

Quote:
Stratos wrote:
my students here in greece don't care about the word ki at all!!the word ki and anything comes with it like energy and stuff like this seems a little strange to students here.
I think that is true of the majority of aikido students everywhere.
Quote:
i don't know why but when i was a student i didn't care too!i beleive that i've been taught the wrong way.so it is time now ti fill the gaps!
I admire you for that. I wish you good luck.

Dan
Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 AM   #31
Mark Uttech
Dojo: Yoshin-ji Aikido of Marshall

actually an orange is nothing to think about.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #32
Aragorn
Dojo: Aikido of Marin
United_States

Oh?
Are u sure?
I like oranges.

Regards,

All that is gold does not glitter. All those who wander are not lost.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!