Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Spiritual

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-31-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
AaronFrancher

United_States
Healing Energy

Not solely relating to Aikido, but has anyone had any experience in the use or study of healing energy? I've been reading up and practicing some of the basic techniques and philosophies, but i'd like to get some opinions from people more experienced.

It is not simply a fight to the finish, it is knowing what to do once you have won.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:21 AM   #2
diesel
Dojo: Tenshin
Japan
Re: Healing Energy

Are we talking reiki type massage or the every so interesting healing by self-awareness/meditation approach.

I think reiki is good for some things, just like accupuncture. It is my opinion though that there are some things that a good doctor and the right hands on diagnosis/therapy will treat.

my .02
e6
Old 03-31-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
SeiserL

United_States

I have read/seen/experienced some great things with energy healing. Was there a specific type or school you were interested in?

Lynn Seiser PhD
Yondan Aikido & FMA/JKD
We do not rise to the level of our expectations, but fall to the level of our training. Train well. KWATZ!
Old 04-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
AaronFrancher

United_States

I've been researching on how illnesses originally begin within the auric field before they are manifested physically. I've tried using basic techniques to help with sore muscles, joints, etc. However, i've had no experience with the more intricate uses and I was hoping for some insight as to whether they're more difficult to perform. Also, if there are any side effects that I should be cautious of.

It is not simply a fight to the finish, it is knowing what to do once you have won.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:18 PM   #5
Larry Feldman
Dojo: Atlanta School of Aikido
United_States

Had some experience and success with Tohei's teachings - Kiatsu. His Kiatsu book has recently been republished. In addition I would recommend getting some 'hands on' training at a Ki Society Dojo, or someone who has had a little experience with it.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #6
tony cameron

hi Aaron,
Qigong is another avenue worth investigating. i addition to Aikido i practice Pan Gu Shengong Qigong which is very effective and easy to perform (about 20 min. to complete the moving form). i will soon learn the 2nd form (non-moving form) and healing skill from my Qigong Master, Ou Wen Wei (there are 3 forms to learn). check here for more info:

www.pangu.org

best wishes,
tony
Old 04-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
Reg Robinson
Dojo: Gibsons Aikido
Canada

Re: Healing Energy, Hi Aaron, along with Aikido I too use Reiki, QiQong, & Healing touch, actually it is a combination of all of them. My son, was born with multible medical challenges, because of this we spent most of his 17 yrs. in Childrens Hospital. It was here that I had an opportunities to witness some incredible results using these types of healing. Especially in the Pediactrics & Oncology Wards. & Yes, there are considerations when using Healing Energy. If you are using med's as part of your treatment, it is possible for the energy to have an effect on those med's. Reg Robinson
Old 04-03-2005, 03:04 AM   #8
Charles Hill
Dojo: Numazu Aikikai/Aikikai Honbu Dojo

Hi Aaron,

I recommend that you do the following when practicing basic techniques with the intention to improve health (physical or auric)

Go slow so as to keep your psyche calm thoughout the technique. Or maybe a better way to put it is to go only as fast as you can while keeping totally conscious of what you are doing.

Try to affect your partner`s body at as many different places at the same time. For example, in nikkyo/nikajo remember to lock up your partner`s elbow, shoulder, waist and even down to the feet and toes if possible instead of just the wrist. Also be aware of stretching all the muscles between these points.

Even though what we are practicing is a set pattern, try to believe that you are doing the technique spontaneously. I think of it like an actor who gets lost in a role and has forgotten they are only acting.

I think that practicing without the above ideas if damaging both to the body and especially the psyche. I have found a lot of interesting ideas and drills to practice them on the dvd called Hand to Hand produced by the Systema people at russianmartialart.com.

I just attended a special class with Watanabe Nobuo Shihan at the Aikikai Honbu dojo who is well know for this topic. For him everything begins with correct posture and stretching the spine. His techniques are very big and stretch the uke out considerably.

Charles
Old 04-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
AaronFrancher

United_States

I've recently been working on recycling, condensing, and spreading the energy within myself and someone else. Using the healing energy, I've been able to help my mother with her athritis in her feet and knees. Combining it with massage has produced some excellant results. I've also been able repair a twisted ankle right after the injury occured. Does it matter how long ago the injury occured? That is, in relation to how much healing it should take?