Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 03-06-2003, 06:47 AM   #26
happysod
Dojo: Kiburn, London, UK
United Kingdom
temptation too great

Hannah, you're a very cruel person, I've only just managed to resist this one for a while but Justin managed to bring it back...

I feel I should start by answering this with standard aikiweb tactics, requiring a definition of "regular participant" followed by a slightly superior reference to previous threads relating to this topic and finishing with a segue into a pet peeve (with optional insult).

Instead I'll be honest, I'm a bit of a git and the board gives me more people to play with on a topic I enjoy. Like most who responded, computer + nice fast link (at last)+ attempt to not do work = aikiweb.

Q.Are we different? Don't think so, maybe just more enamoured of debate.

Q. Do we have something in common? I would never dream of insulting anyone by insinuating other respondees have anything in common with me...
Old 03-07-2003, 02:34 AM   #27
jk
Quote:
Ian Hurst (happysod) wrote:
I feel I should start by answering this with standard aikiweb tactics, requiring a definition of "regular participant" followed by a slightly superior reference to previous threads relating to this topic and finishing with a segue into a pet peeve (with optional insult).
LOL... Hey, Jun runs a nice establishment, but the waiters here can be a bit surly.

I visit Aikiweb because I'm out here in the sticks with regards to Japanese budo...

Regards,
Old 03-13-2003, 12:10 PM   #28
Bob Dhammi
Dojo: Phoenix Aikido Club
United Kingdom
No Jim. I stopped lurking after i spooked you last time.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:19 PM   #29
siwilson
Dojo: Kenshinkai Yoshinkan Aikido
England
Hmmm!

Well, I used to frequent rec.martial-arts a few years back, but when I came to work in Germany I did not sign up for a web account with any ISP, as they all required you to install "their" software! No thanks! So I access through a public access. pay as you surf, ISDN connection, so no newsgroups (web based is too slow). Then the AikiWeb bulletin boards started, so I looked for a while and then started posting again.

I can fit in to the geek lable too. I am a comms and LAN/WAN Engineer, & run a website, so I am on the computer alot.

Also, there are some nice topics and interesting perspectives here.

I am here because I enjoy it.

So, to echo an earlier comment - thanks Jun!

BTW, when is the Aiki Gallery coming back?

All the best.

Osu!
Old 03-13-2003, 02:27 PM   #30
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Hey Si,

rec.farsical-arts is still about the same. Here, aikidojournal and ebudo are better bets. Good to hear from you again. How's the beer?

RT

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 03-23-2003, 06:09 PM   #31
cindy perkins
Dojo: AikiDog Dojo
Alfonso speaks for me -- obsessive about aikido, and only one night a week to train here in the woods.

Also, I find good conversation about peace here. Most posters are thoughtful, self-reflective, and trying to become better aikidoka and better people. Feels like a great community to hang with!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:13 AM   #32
WilliamWessel
I'm first and formost a computer/gaming geek so I'm just around the net alot so it was just natural to find a message board for me.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:33 AM   #33
siwilson
England
Hi Ron,

Yes there were some "interesting" topics on RMA. Do you remember Bradley? He was the one who thought MAs evil because they were against Christianity!!???

The beer here is OK, but I prefer the Polish beer! My wife is Polish and there are quite a lot of Polish shops around Germany. Very good stuff!

We will be back in England in a couple of months. The MoD want me to go to Andover, and funnily enough, I want to go to Andover too! Sadly this has caused the closure of the Guetersloh dojo, but Sadam did the real damage, as all my students have gone to other places.

Good to hear from you, and maybe we will meet one day.

All the best

Osu!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:56 AM   #34
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Hey Si,

You never know what people will make out of what you give them...the positive effects can be unseen but long lasting. I doubt that your efforts there will go unrewarded.

Stay Well,

Ron (Osu)

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)
Old 03-24-2003, 03:05 PM   #35
Lyle Bogin
Dojo: Shin Budo Kai
United_States
Mostly I post to see if I sound ridiculous to myself.

"The martial arts progress from the complex to the simple."
Old 03-25-2003, 10:09 AM   #36
siwilson
England
Thanks Ron

I hope I have given them something that they will keep with them. The guys who are still here I have directed to an Aikikai dojo in the next town, which I went and trained at (checked out). They found it frustrating at first because of the softer style, but they enjoy it.

I worry about the guys who are in the gulf, also because some have gone from UK duties (Op Fresco) and I don't know who, plus a few past students who had been moved away previously who I don't have so much contact with. Plus there are some in the Balkans. I can only hope they are all OK.

All the best to you. Keep well too.

Si

Osu!