Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Open Discussions

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 12-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #26
Rob Watson
United_States
Re: Steven Seagal Lawman

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
Unless you make your own amo...
1000 rounds a month at ~5 cents a piece (.45 ACP) adds up over the years. Not to mention the time to actually load the rounds. If you cast your own bullets it is not much cheaper but takes even more time.

For each weapon , say 9mm, .45 ACP, plus rifle rounds puts it at ~$150 a month plus range fees (gas for road trips to the 'open spaces') targets, safety gear (it wears out you know), gunsmithing plus time to load up the rounds. Not for the faint of wallet or short of timers.

After a couple of months, or so, dedicated practice single ragged holes at 10-15 feet is not so tough for 6 rounds (unless your weapon is worn). Under stress and return fire ... I'm guessing not so easy but I have yet to try that out. Should only take one on target to get the job done.

Private digs, plentiful cash and abundant leisure time helps considerably in most any pursuit. In my younger days living on the posse ranch (free shooting range) and all the .22 LR I could use I got real good real quick shooting ~500 rds per day for a summer. I was required to clear the grounds of ground squirrels and I dare say the population still has not recovered 30 years hence. Any squirrel that caught my attention and was still for 3 seconds did not make it another day.

"In my opinion, the time of spreading aikido to the world is finished; now we have to focus on quality." Yamada Yoshimitsu

Ultracrepidarianism ... don't.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:43 PM   #27
OwlMatt

Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
United_States

One comment about the seatbelt thing: a lot of law enforcement officers do not wear seatbelts, because their job often requires that they leap out of their vehicles at a moment's notice, and a seatbelt impedes this. My impression is that some cops buckle up when it's time to do high speed stuff and stay unbuckled the rest of the time for very practical reasons.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #28
thisisnotreal

Tongue

Old 12-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #29
lbb
United_States

Goddamn! It's a jujinage de noel!