Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-10-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
Michael Neal
My Apologies

I want to apologize to the people on this forum and to members of my former Aikido school for some of the things I wrote on here in the past. Specifically the criticism I was writing about Aikido and how it is trained and practiced. I think I was wrong to bring my internal conflicts over training into a public forum like this because it may have unintentionally and unfairly painted my dojo in a negative light.

I want to say that it is an amazing place with superior instruction, great atmosphere, serious martial practice, and great bunch of people. It has a been about a year since I have trained there or even talked to anyone there but I still look back at my training there as a very good experience in my life. I have never seen any Aikido practice before then or since then that was so dedicated to practicing Aikido in a serious practical way.

My previous criticism of the training methods and practice of Aikido was my reflection on Aikido practice in general and how it differed from Judo, not a criticism of my dojo. However, unfortunately at the time I did not think about how this may obviously offend the people I trained with. Lately I have begun to realize how wrong I was to air all of it here.

The only problem was going on inside me and what I was seeking in martial arts practice. I did find Judo to be more of match for me personally but I will always look back at my Aikido training with warm memories.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #2
Chad Sloman

Dojo: Aikido of West Florida, Pensacola, FL
United_States
Re: My Apologies

Don't worry about it man. If you're looking for meaningless banter you can always bring it over to bullshido

Whenever you find all the answers to martial arts, let me know because I'm not getting anywhere.

A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.