Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > AikiWeb System

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #26
Soumaya
United Kingdom
Re: Haydn Foster Sensei Passed away today.

Mr Foster, was my Sensei ( since 2001) was one of the most inspirational people I have ever met, always had time to speak and joke with his students, on and off the mat. He knew many of our troubles and always had time to listen to us.
Such a jolly man, my two eldest daughters thought so too. When I used to train on Sunday's down at the Hut sometimes it was just myself, Tom Why and Mr Foster and my two eldest watching. He used to give the a few pounds each and tell them to make sure they used it to buy sweets.
I was not able to train for about 2 years due to contracting a nasty hospital infection that ate away at my knee. I just recently started back at another Institute club (White Oak) which is nearer to me, and Mr Foster sent a message to me through my new Sensei (Simon Thackeray) welcoming me back. I never got to see Mr Foster again.
I wish peace and Love and heart felt sympathy to his family at this time, without their support we may never have known what a great Sensei Foster really was. (With a family I realise how hard it is to go to aikido seminars, courses etc when there are other commitments).
Long may his legacy live on through all those he has taught through the decades and his family. xxx

Until we meet again Sensei in The Great Dojo In The Sky.

Soumaya Sheperia
Old 02-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #27
john langley
Dojo: The Institute of Aikido Australia
Australia

I received the news of Mr. Foster passing away just a few days ago.I had such a strong feeling last Friday to ring Mr. Foster and now I know why. It has hit home hard. My deepest sympathy goes to his family and to you all of you who new him. As a student and his uke I hope that I can emulate Mr. Fosters teachings, way and his great laughter.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #28
Tony_Smith

Haydn Foster truly was the nicest person i've ever met.
It was him who helped me in realising that life is an ever changing journey, where the flowering of real meditation was goodness, and the generosity of the heart was the beginning of real meditation.
Thoughts of peace and love go to his family - more especially Paul.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #29
Chuck Clark

Dojo: Jiyushinkan
United_States

RIP and condolences to family, friends, and students of Mr. Foster. A strong budoka and good man from everything I've heard over the years.

Chuck Clark
Jiyushinkai Aikibudo
www.jiyushinkai.org
Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #30
gerrygee
United Kingdom

Quote:
Henry Ellis wrote: View Post
I am sorry to inform every one of the death of my good friend of over 50 years Haydn Foster Sensei, one of the last three original British Aikido pioneers from its 1950s, from its inception by Kenshiro Abbe Sensei.

Rest in peace my dear friend

Henry Ellis
http://aikido-books.blogspot.com/
Harry,
A great man has passed from us.Like yourself and Trevor one of the pionneers of Aikido in this country.Please pass along my condolences to his family and pupils.It was an honour for me to have known him from the early days,a nice man,a true Budoka.
Gerry Gyngell

To thine ownself be true
Old 02-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #31
Hellis
Dojo: Ellis Schools of Traditional Aikido
England

Posted on behalf of Gerry Gyngell Sensei who was a personal aide and a member of the BJC 1964 Olympic squad of Kenshiro Abbe Sensei

Harry
I am shocked !!! So another of the "Good Guys" leaves.The world will be a sadder place without him.As we have only just returned I don't know if I can make it,but I am going to try,
I had so much respect for that man what a tragedy.Can't say much more at the moment.
Respect to you my friend,
Gerry

Gerry
Sorry that you were unable to attend what was a sad day for so many people...The affection of the UK Aikido community was shown by the crowds that came to pay their respects..
Take care my friend.

Henry ``Harry`` Ellis
http://aikido-books.blogspot.com/