Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Supplies

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-15-2000, 10:56 AM   #1
akiy

Any recommendations for a double-weave judogi uwagi? I like the one I got from Mugendo Budogu (Meirin brand), but it was a wee bit expensive at around $100 including shipping from Japan.

Some day, I would love to be able to afford a Mizuno judogi uwagi...

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 06-15-2000, 11:47 AM   #2
Chuck Clark

Dojo: Jiyushinkan
United_States
Hi Jun,

We get most of our keikogi from Mr. Hsu in San Jose, CA. I have found that the quality of his uwagi especially is very good.

He has told me that they are "seconds" from the Mizuno line. However, I've never seen a reason for them to be classified as "seconds." I think his double weave uwagi are as good (at around $40 per set) as some "setsugi" that others sell for way over $100+. The single weave keikogi are fine for aikido training, especially for beginners.

His phone number is:408/996-8989. If you call and tell him your size and shipping info, he sends the order with a bill for you to pay! Not many folks do business that way anymore.

BTW, I am not connected with Mr. Hsu in anyway other than I like to do business with him.

We also do business with: Kiyota Company, Bujin Design, Mugendo, and Sakuraya and Iwata Co. (both in Tokyo).

[Edited by Chuck Clark on June 15, 2000 at 11:51am]

Chuck Clark
Jiyushinkai Aikibudo
www.jiyushinkai.org
Old 06-16-2000, 11:53 AM   #3
akiy

Thanks for the recommendation, Chuck! I think we actually stock some dogi from him in our dojo. I'll have to ask the guy who orders the dogi to see if I can stack on an order for a double-weave judogi uwagi.

Anyone else with recommendations?

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!