Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Humor

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 05-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
GMaroda
Dojo: Allegheny Aikido
United_States
Aiki-math

If you're not at 100% just remember, Aikido is 90% atemi.

So you only need to be at 10% to be at 100% Aikido!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Aiki-math

Quote:
Greg Maroda wrote: View Post
If you're not at 100% just remember, Aikido is 90% atemi.

So you only need to be at 10% to be at 100% Aikido!
your math is a bit off. from the aikido purity (sort of like virgin) thread, we came to the conclusion that only O Sensei had it at 100% pure. the rest of us is somewhere a lot less. i understand that this sort of higher function math is rather complicated. i would suggest that we switch to differential calculus instead as it would be a lot simplier to approximate the purity as we get closer to infinity. which is the model of heaven and earth with us, aikidorks, somewhere in between.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org
Old 05-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
dps

Quote:
Phi Truong wrote: View Post
your math is a bit off. from the aikido purity (sort of like virgin) thread, we came to the conclusion that only O Sensei had it at 100% pure. the rest of us is somewhere a lot less. i understand that this sort of higher function math is rather complicated. i would suggest that we switch to differential calculus instead as it would be a lot simplier to approximate the purity as we get closer to infinity. which is the model of heaven and earth with us, aikidorks, somewhere in between.
But differential calculus was not around at the time for O'Sensei to use. I suggest we use an abacus.

dps
Old 05-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
GMaroda
United_States

Quote:
David Skaggs wrote: View Post
But differential calculus was not around at the time for O'Sensei to use. I suggest we use an abacus.

dps
Bah, I have computers to do my math for me!

http://www.alcula.com/soroban.php

See!?
Old 05-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
Krystal Locke
United_States

Quote:
David Skaggs wrote: View Post

dps
O'Sensei must've been really really really old when he died. I'll have to go back to scratching marks on rocks with harder rocks to calculate his age then.....

I actually have the next 4 month to review my calc. I should maybe look at diffEQs a bit, too. And thermo. What have I done to myself?
Old 05-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
GMaroda
United_States

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
O'Sensei must've been really really really old when he died. I'll have to go back to scratching marks on rocks with harder rocks to calculate his age then.....

I actually have the next 4 month to review my calc. I should maybe look at diffEQs a bit, too. And thermo. What have I done to myself?
All your problems can be solved with more atemi!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #7
fatebass21

Dojo: Westminster Tenshinkai Aikido Dojo
United_States

Quote:
Greg Maroda wrote: View Post
Bah, I have computers to do my math for me!

http://www.alcula.com/soroban.php

See!?
Very cool!

Chris Sawyer
Training day is every day
Old 01-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #8
rugwithlegs
Dojo: Open Sky Aikikai
United_States

Yeah, there's some kind of algebra going on, where the variable in the equation can have many values. One guy says Aikido is 99% atemi, and has a set of atemi-waza. The next guy says 70% of Aikido is atemi, but a number of the first guy's atemi-waza are now iriminage and sokumen iriminage. Eventually someone says kokyunage are the most common techniques in Aikido, and to prove it demonstrates his kokyunage which are a number of gross motor movements very like, or derived from, the first guy's atemi-waza set. Someone else says gyakugamae ate atemi waza/sokumen iriminage/kokyunage is now sayunage and some of his students say there is no atemi in Aikido.

Solve for X.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:43 PM   #9
sorokod
United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQCVpC20MNg#t=2m20s