Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > General

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 11-25-2004, 08:23 PM   #1
craig chapman
Dojo: Jarrow CA, Perth Green
United Kingdom
What should I do?

Ok, Im not doing this as a sort of negative trait, just a word of warning incase anyone actually comes across anyone like this in their lives...

Im not going to go on with the full story as it could go on forever. but Ill try and simplify it as much as possible...

Boy meets Sifu, Sify takes boys under wing and teaches him a new concept or Gung Fu, Boy and Sifu become very good friends, Sifu preaches spirituality and honesty, Boy gets new job, Boy doesnt spend much time with Sifu, Sifu gets mad and stalks boy for months, Boy finds out Sifu attends hospital appointments for mental health problems, Boy doesnt know what to do for other students (10 of them who are all about mid 50's and up)

Sounds like an unlikely story, but its true, he has convinced his club that he is a really nice person but continully uses his club as a sort of an extortion ring and had practically convinced his club to think the way he does, its becoming more of a cult? honestly!
The other students who are considerably older then me are totally unaware of what he is really like? Im so stuck for what to do? I was the same, he had me convinced he was a 'nice' person untill my GF shook me and made me realise!!!

I have excluded the name of this person and any other details of this person for legal reasons

I know this is an Aikido Forum but as a dedicated practitioner of Aikido, Reiki and the Arts I really need someones advice.

Many Blessings

Craig
Old 11-25-2004, 09:38 PM   #2
MikeE

Dojo: Midwest Center For Movement & Aikido Bukou Dojos
Re: What should I do?

Restraining order, victims rights. There has to be an equivalent in GB

Mike Ellefson
Midwest Center
For Movement &
Aikido Bukou
Dojos
Old 11-25-2004, 09:53 PM   #3
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan

And the rest are all old enough to make their own decisions.

All you need to do is remove yourself from the situation (read previous post).

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido
Old 11-26-2004, 02:10 AM   #4
happysod
Dojo: Kiburn, London, UK
United Kingdom

Agree with both posts above, there are specific stalker laws in the GB now - you will need to be able to show evidence of the harassment (phone logs, your telephone company will help here) or even time-dated photos if they're following you. However, drop in to your local police station first and mention the problem and they will be able to advise you.

As for your fellow students, Peter's spot on here.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:47 AM   #5
creinig
Dojo: Yoshinkan Würzburg
United Nations

Quote:
Michael Ellefson wrote:
Restraining order, victims rights. There has to be an equivalent in GB
Note: According to The Gift of Fear, restraining orders are often pretty ineffective against stalkers (all depending on "how far gone" the person is, of course). Read that book for some very interesting insights on the matter.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:01 AM   #6
rachel
Dojo: Aikikai Foundation Hombu Dojo, Aikido of Hilo
Japan

The others are right, begin by removing yourself from the situation. Beyond that, I'm just wondering if you've actually talked to the other students? If you have, and they don't agree, then it's up to them to take care of themselves, I think.