Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > AikiWeb System

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 07-25-2002, 11:48 PM   #1
AikiWeb System
7/25/2002 11:28pm [from Jun Akiyama]

AikiWeb is proud to present the newest section of its website: the AikiGallery aikido image archives. Do you have some great digital images of aikido that you want to show the world? How about pictures of your dojo? Action shots that really depict the dynamic nature of aikido? Or images that show certain aikido technical pointers? The AikiGallery has a place for all of these kinds of images and more! You'll need to be registered in the AikiWeb Forums before you can upload. Be sure to keep coming back to see the latest images that people upload!
Old 08-07-2002, 01:48 PM   #2
akiy

I just uploaded some pictures from the recent Summer Camp in the Rockies into the AikiGallery.

Remember that you can rate each picture and leave comments, too!

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!
Old 08-07-2002, 02:02 PM   #3
Keith R Lee
United_States
Thumbs down Thanks

Great idea setting this up Jun, I think it's a good way share a little piece of all our different dojos. A very good feature and a welcomed expansion to Aikiweb. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the site.

Cheers,

Keith Lee
Old 11-19-2002, 09:48 AM   #4
akiy

Hi everyone,

It looks like the AikiWeb AikiGallery is working pretty well with 75 photos including some great member photos (what do you look like, any way?), action shots, seminar group pictures, and artistic images (great desktop images, Manuel!).

Are there any artists out there who may want to release some aikido related clip art? How about some of the experienced people with images of technical pointers? How about more images of your dojo?

I would like to encourage everyone here to try out the AikiWeb AikiGallery. Personally, I think it has a lot of potential to expand the way in which we share and exchange information about aikido.

-- Jun

Old 11-19-2002, 08:34 PM   #5
Arianah
Dojo: Aikido of Norwalk
Hey Jun,

Just a thought...

It might be nice to have something on the main page or the forum page to indicate when there is a new photo or comment there. ... Heh, because you obviously don't clock enough hours working on this site.

Sarah

Last edited by Arianah : 11-19-2002 at 08:37 PM.

Out of clutter, find simplicity.
From discord, find harmony.
In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
-Albert Einstein
Old 11-19-2002, 09:14 PM   #6
akiy

Hi Sarah,

That's an interesting thought and I appreciate your feedback. I may be able to do something like what I've done with the news, the polls, and the reviews -- to have things like that get automatically posted in the AikiWeb System forum.

It's a good thought. I'll see about implementing it.

-- Jun