Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Training

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 06-30-2000, 11:03 AM   #1
Chocolateuke
Dojo: Muhu Dojo
Location: Middle of nowhere in California 14 miles from Buellton
hi I have a question regarding a throw called Yokko iri irrimi naga.

here is how i describe the throw.

1. the uke does a chest grab.
2. then tori steps in like a l. your foot is in front right then if you are using your right hand the step consist of turing your foot to the right and it left then left. and you bendyour legs.
3. as you step in you grab the had and twist ukes elbow into body.
4.then you use your free hand ( if you start with right then left is free and so on) and dig in the joint of the elbow.
5. after that use your free foot to go in bettween ukes leg making a "window".
6. after that you use your elbow with the hand that is at the ukes elbow and lift there chin while u bend ukes arm on you hip.
and you pivot and keep pusing chin til your elbow is al the way up and you make your arm pionting the havens.

the hard part is my balance i usually fall with the uke any commets on how to not fall. any ways to improve on balance. I take Aikido Sezenki
Old 07-03-2000, 06:40 PM   #2
Keith
Dojo: Susquehanna Aikido
OK, it's really hard top understand technical explanations in print, more so with an unfamiliar name. So I'm not exactly sure what technique you're talking about here. have you asked a senior at your dojo? Always my first question in this kind of situation. General advice for not falling over: make sure that the elbow that was used to lift his chin is over your knee at the end of the throw. If you're doing what I think you're doing, you're turning your hips too far so that your arm goes past your knee and you lose your balance. Again, this is just an idea based on what I think you meant, but I probably misunderstood you. Ask someone who can see what you're doing.

Keith
Old 07-04-2000, 12:32 AM   #3
AikiTom
Dojo: Aikido Martial Arts Center
I agree with Keith.
Also, try to remain aware just before the part where you fall. Is your body sort of trying to be somewhere it isn't? Try going to that place - sometimes the body teaches the mind. I see many new students especially really leaning far out of balance, when a step in the right direction would give them a really strong posture. Just a thought.