Welcome to AikiWeb Aikido Information
AikiWeb: The Source for Aikido Information
AikiWeb's principal purpose is to serve the Internet community as a repository and dissemination point for aikido information.

Sections
home
aikido articles
columns

Discussions
forums
aikiblogs

Databases
dojo search
seminars
image gallery
supplies
links directory

Reviews
book reviews
video reviews
dvd reviews
equip. reviews

News
submit
archive

Miscellaneous
newsletter
rss feeds
polls
about

Follow us on

Home > AikiWeb Aikido Forums
Go Back   AikiWeb Aikido Forums > Anonymous

Hello and thank you for visiting AikiWeb, the world's most active online Aikido community! This site is home to over 22,000 aikido practitioners from around the world and covers a wide range of aikido topics including techniques, philosophy, history, humor, beginner issues, the marketplace, and more.

If you wish to join in the discussions or use the other advanced features available, you will need to register first. Registration is absolutely free and takes only a few minutes to complete so sign up today!

Old 10-09-2002, 10:54 PM   #26
Kevin Wilbanks
Wow. Losing twenty pounds, cutting off most of your hair, and cranking on guys' wrists until they beg for mercy is definitely sexy in my book. Grab a shotgun, put on a pair of combat boots, and blow away a couple dozen flesh-eating zombies and I'm yours...
Old 10-10-2002, 02:56 AM   #27
mike lee
Confused priorities

Quote:
These women know the practice involves body contact and often use that as an opportunity to flirt.
Just another part of training in the combat zone. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. But sitting up on the high-horse a judging an unknown with a twisted Puritain ethic is a far bigger problem than a nuclear gi.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:20 AM   #28
"Unregistered"
IP Hash: 2fe177d3
Anonymous User
Talking

>>nothing like a woman who can do a sharp nikkyo.

Amen to that!!
Old 10-10-2002, 09:40 AM   #29
aikigreg
Dojo: Mizu Aikido
In my dojo we've a girl who only comes because her boyfriend does. She chatters through the class, flirts, squeaks (literally) and is generally a disruption. Sensei will demonstrate a technique that involves, say, a wrist grab. Then when she partners up she doesn't even know what she's supposed to be doing cause she hasn't paid attention. Not to mention the low cut sweats she wears those show almost her whole butt - crack-held thong included. It's distracting and annoying.

Our sempai however - she kicks ass and takes names. I enjoy having women on the mat who actually want to be there. I might pursue a friendship with them OUTSIDE the dojo but that has no bearing on INSIDE the dojo.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:40 PM   #30
Eila Saarni

soo for the first post.:

why wasent she wearing an undershirt? or was she?
Old 10-12-2002, 04:45 PM   #31
Eila Saarni

A bit off the subject but why no... ok there are a few dudes at my dojo who seem umm a bit umm atracted to me and I dont like it, with those few that is,I don know if thats it with them but its a bit off putting when they are starring intently at you when your trying to train,or worse yet trying to pull moves on you when you end up with them, they have not suceeded in that, I'd like to keep it that way. any sugjestions ignoring them more, or getting them to knock it off?
Old 10-12-2002, 05:14 PM   #32
"unregistered"
IP Hash: 130ede10
Anonymous User
to Eila:

If they are staring, you can always say, "what are YOU looking at?" Or make funny faces at them til they snap out of it. Or ask them if there's something wrong, cause you noticed they were staring.

If they are verbally hitting on you (and you want them to stop) talk alot about your wonderful boyfriend. If you don't have a wonderful boyfriend, you can make one up, who COULD own a beachfront villa and be very possessive.

If it's as bad as groping, option one is to Loudly Object - shriek "get your hands off of me, you pervert!", option two is to complain to the instructor. That's assuming they are senior to you and you can't yet beat them up (option three).

I'm guessing you are relatively new and/or relatively young.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:47 PM   #33
giriasis
Dojo: Sand Drift Aikikai, Cocoa Florida
United_States
If they're just giving you a silly grin, just ask them what their grinning about. They'll be embarrased and get back to training. If the flirtation is more overt than that, you can simply say thay you came to learn aikido and not be hit on. If the flirtation turns into something more such as groping, tell them to never do it again and then tell your sensei. Groping is not acceptable behavior.

You make a good point though that flirtatious behavior comes from both sexes. It is good practice to keep hormones off of the mat.

Anne Marie Giri
Old 10-12-2002, 11:30 PM   #34
Eila Saarni

Ok Thank ya unregistered and giriasis

or : Domo arigato, I'm still open for sugjestions, but I'll think along some of the terms of your options/actions... (I do wonder if that sentence made sense...eh its late,not that late but late,late like dark out and--- forget it)
Old 10-15-2002, 11:33 AM   #35
warriorwoman
s revealing experience

To Mike Lee:

I understand that you're merely playing devil's advocate here, but there's a qualitative difference between being open-minded and being oblivious to what's going on around you. Experience has taught me that if something looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's usually is duck.

janet dtantirojanarat

www.warriorwoman.org

janet dtantirojanarat
www.warriorwoman.org
Old 10-15-2002, 06:55 PM   #36
virginia_kyu
Dojo: Aikido of Northern Virginia
Re: priorities

Quote:
Mike Lee (mike lee) wrote:
Just another part of training in the combat zone. Can't take the heat? Get out of the kitchen. But sitting up on the high-horse a judging an unknown with a twisted Puritain ethic is a far bigger problem than a nuclear gi.
Sorry Mike I could not resist There is nothing wrong with judging, you do it, every one does it, the only difference is the issues we choose to make judgements on.

-- Michael Neal
-- http://www.theaikidolink.dnsdyn.net/